Chapter 93 - An empty Heart

I can feel the shock of what she said running through me. I couldn't believe what she had said, unable to accept it. I stared at her in the eyes and from the expression upon her face, there is no way she was lying. I could tell just by looking into her eyes.

"From your expression," Edo Eve said, "I can see you have difficulties believing what I just told you...but I can assure you, that it is no lie."

I stayed silent.

I can tell that she isn't kidding, I thought, but I don't understand…why did she kill her own guild mate. It doesn't make any sense.

"Who did you kill?" I asked.

Edo Eve stayed silent for a few seconds.

"The girl's name was Lisanna," she answered, "Lisanna Inkheart, if I remember her full name correctly considering it been years since I've thought about her now…it's strange…to think that I was the one responsible for her death."

"But why did you do it?" I asked, "Why did you kill her? Wasn't she your friend…wasn't anyone in that guild a family to you?"

"Family?" Edo Eve repeated, almost as if she was surprised at me saying that, "What kind of nonsense are you sprouting about Earth Land me? I was never friends with those weaklings back at that pathetic excuse for a guild that it had become now…thought, if there was one person I could call friend…it was Lisanna."

I stared at her.

"I met her completely by chance you see," she continued, "Our path crossed while she was on a solo Job…thought it was nothing to scratch your head over. She was the one that decided to talk to me about the guild and other things that I couldn't care about. In those times, you might realize, guilds were still things of every day and now and magic was still abundant. I was looking for work also then so she decided to take me to Fairy Tail."

Edo Eve chuckled.

"But the others weren't quick to trust me. They scolded Lisanna to have brought me with them and Levy was the most forceful as she ranted over and over again that I shouldn't be here and Lucy decided to break us up before we could actually fight. The Master was the one who decided to let me stay and he said that If I was to become a member, I will have to work on their trust and so the years passed by…no one talked to me, but I didn't need them after all, all I was interested in was the work and the money…

"And…despite all of that, Lisanna was the only one who would ever come to me to try a conversation when her sister wasn't looking," Edo Eve told me, "She would drag me everywhere with her and to tell you the truth were sometimes annoying as hell since she wouldn't shut up and had to tell me every little detail about her day…but, something deep inside of me was moved at her…I was charmed by her kindness, her willingness to put up with me and my attitude and despite the entire guild seemingly against me, she was the only wall that stood and protected me against them."

Edo Eve fell silent again.

"When she turned seventeen," she continued, "We formed a team by ourselves. We called ourselves, the White Silver team…for Lisanna told me she liked the color of my eyes for whatever reason and we even got matching tattoos upon our back as our pride and joy…"

Then her face darkened.

"Then that day…happened...the day she died."

Edo Eve's hand tightened into a fist.

"It was a normal Job like any other," she started, "All we had to do was to clean out a group of monsters, nothing we haven't handled before so it was quite easy, but it was on the return home that we were ambushed by a Dark Guild by the name of Devil Dogs…and you can guess where this is going right. Two girls captured by themselves…it was so obvious what was going to happen to us. They were going to kill us and rape us…