Chapter 149 - Night of Intersecting Feelings

Chapter Cover: Eve seating by the window looking up toward a half moon in the sky.

"Ladies and gentlemen, that wraps up the end of the Second Day of the Grand Magic Games," Chipachu Lola was commentating, "In first place we have Raven Tail with a total of thirty six points. Sabertooth, although they haven't scored any points today remains in second place, but now they share that position with Lamia Scale both tied with a score of twenty points."

"After scoring ten points today, Mermaid Heel jump up two spots to fourth place with a total of 19 points," Yajima said, with a smile on his face.

"Blue Pegasus dropped down to fifth place with a score of seventeen points…COOOOL," Jason added.

"And falling back to sixth place is Quatro…Puppy," Lola continued, "And although they both score an impressive ten points today, both Fairy Tail team A and B are vying for last place both with twelve points. Who knows what exciting events are awaiting us on Day Three, we'll see you then."

"Get me a glass Sakura," I called out toward the girl.

The latter gave me a small smirk before making her way through the tavern where the girl was partying at. It was loud and rowdy as everyone was celebrating their victories today and I was glad that they have managed to do this well without me. I was a little bummed out that I didn't see Elfman's battle thought from what I've heard about it, Elfman didn't even have to throw a single punch.

"You and I have something to talk about Eve," Gajeel said appearing out of nowhere from beside me.

"Oh shit," I said.

I instantly took off but the Dragon Slayer had his arms around me before I could even think of running away and he actually picked me up like I weighted next to nothing. I started kicking out so that I could get out of his grip but alas, he caught me.

"C'mon Gajeel," I smiled giving him my best I'm innocent smile, "It was just a bit of laugh…why are you so upset about it?"

"Oh don't you dare use that look on me," he said, "It's not going to work."

"Why are you so mad about?" I asked him, smirking, "You didn't like that I am setting you up with a girl or something?"

I noticed his thoughtful look and used this time to smack my elbow into his stomach so that he could let go of me. Smirking in victory, I jumped away from the Dragon Slayer who had decided to chase me around the party with me laughing my ass off. I had to jump over tables knock some people out of the way as Gajeel ran after me and then soon enough, I spied Levy with Cana and Lucy in the corner so I instantly made for them.

"LUCY, LEVY, HELP ME," I yelled out.

The blonde glanced toward me in surprise with a confused look upon her face as I came to a stop in front of them. Levy was also confused at me asking her for help.

"What are you doing Eve?" Cana asked, with a smirk on her face and a bottle of booze in her hands.

"Gajeel is mad at me," I said, "And I'm certain that he is going to kill me."

"What?" Levy said surprised.

"EEEEVE," Gajeel yelled marching toward where I was.

Noticing him coming, I instantly took the closest girl to me which turned to be Levy. I picked her up and placed her in front of me as a shield so that Gajeel won't be able to notice me. Levy gave me a glance.

"What's he so mad about?" Lucy asked.

"I kind of threw him and Levy together during the blushing bride contest," I told her.