Chapter 23 - Face the Darkness of the Past

I couldn't move.

My body was frozen in fear, seeing the man walk out of the darkness of the trees. He was dressed with a purple cloak upon his form. His hair which had been a dark brown when I first saw him showed sign of graying even his hair had become somehow longer than before.

His eyes turned over toward Juvia who was standing beside me.

"And you've brought a friend," he said.

"Eve, who is this?" Juvia asked, not keeping the curiosity out of her voice.

"Oh…she didn't tell you?" the man said shocked, "I am surprised you didn't tell them about your Master little Slave."

I couldn't speak.

"Slave…?" Juvia whispered and I can feel her gaze turning toward me but I couldn't meet her eyes.

"Imagine my surprise when I returned to the R-System and notices that your little friends have taken it over," he said, "I would have never expected an uprising from the little brats."

He stepped forward and I found myself automatically moving away from him.

"My old companions were taken out it seems," he continued, "So tell your master little slave, tell me what happened back then?"

"Eve," Juvia's voice said, "Juvia is wondering why he is calling you like that?"

The man raised his hand and I flinched.

"Why are you so afraid little slave," he said, a dark grin growing upon his face, "That fear…I have seen it before in your unique eyes…from that time I marked you."

Suddenly, something grew out of the ground and wrapped around my form before I even knew what was happening. It was then I realized that they were some sort of magical bind and they had many runes flashing through them.

"Eve," Juvia called out in shock.

"You have grown into quite a wizard these past years," the man continued his smirk growing, "I have heard of a masked silver eyed golden angel talk in Sorcerer Weekly magazine from Phantom Lord. It wasn't hard to track down where the guild was…and sure enough when I saw you, I knew who exactly you were. That mask you were is to hide the mark I have given you…the mark of your shame."

Suddenly Juvia stepped in between us, and I was surprised to see her back facing me…I had almost forgotten that she was there.

"Juvia doesn't know who you are to Eve," she said, "But Juvia will not allow you to hurt her friends."

"Juvia…," I whispered suddenly getting an image of Rob standing right in front of a child version of me and Erza.

"Out of the way girl," he said, "The only person I have business with is my slave."

There was a sudden bright light coming from in front of Juvia and the girl stood rigid straight for a few seconds before falling down upon her knees and falling to the side unmoving. My eyes widened in shock as I stared at her unmoving form.

"JUVIA," I yelled, struggling against the bind I had upon me, "JUVIA…wake up."

But the girl didn't move from where she was lying down, nor did she gave any indication that she was alive at all.

"She won't be moving for a while," the man said walking over the fallen young girl, "I didn't have anything to do with her after all…you should consider yourself lucky little slave…at least, I didn't kill her."

Then he looked down at the fallen Juvia.

"She might be a good little slave like you are…such a shame she wasn't at the R-System, I would have liked to touch her myself."