Chapter 84 - Gildarts

It was an easy morning today at Fairy Tail. I was relaxing at the guild enjoying a drink. It was a way to congratulate myself for a good last week of working and making as much money from the many Monster Hunt quests I have gone with.

And with all that working I had done the past week, it's nice and all to have a day off every now and then. Erza had taken a seat beside me and once again, was enjoying a strawberry cake and from how her face was, she must be having pure bliss working upon her features.

"I can never understand how can you eat so much cake and never get sick," I told her.

"You can almost say that I have grown used to it," the redhead answered said, "Once you love something, it won't matter how many times you've tasted it, it's still retain that sweet flavor you've tasted when you first tasted it."

I smirked.

"That was almost poetic,"

Erza smiled.

"Hey why don't you have a taste?" she asked, aiming her spoon toward me with a piece of cake upon it.

I looked away from her, trying not to think that the spoon that she was aiming at me was in her mouth just a minute ago, feeling my cheeks flushing a little….

Damn it, I still thought about it.

"I don't think I can stomach it."

Erza seems to be surprised.

"Why not?"

"Well, I got nothing against cake and all," I told her, "But every time I try to eat one it will make me feel sick…"

"That's too bad," Erza told me, "I wanted to share the nice experience of enjoying a piece of cake with you."

I laughed.

"I'm sure they are others way we can enjoy things together…I mean, they are other foods…,"

My stammering got cut off by the guild door getting thrown open by two wizards. I glanced toward them, taking notice of the duo of Max Alors and that telepathy wizard guy…somehow I keep forgetting his damn name despite being introduced to him just a few days ago.

Oh…right, Warren.

"We've got big news!" they exclaimed together.

"What's gotten them so excited?"

As soon as I spoke, a ringing starts to echo from the city and I was surprised at it, glancing out toward the window toward the city. It was like multiple bells were all ringing together.

"Bells?" I said surprised.

Erza however had a sudden glint in her eyes as she seated up from where she was.

"So he is finally returned home," he said.

I gave her a glance.

"Who returned home?"

Erza gave me a look, and I can see her excitement upon her face.

"Fairy Tail's Strongest Wizard, Gildarts," she said.

I was floored.

"G…Gi…Gildarts…," I said, "Crash-Magic Gildarts?"

"The very same," Erza answered me.

All around us, the entire guild erupted in a large party, everyone yelling in happiness and screaming, "GUILDARTS IS BACK," at the top of her voices. I was shocked to tell you the truth, seeing all of those guys just flying everywhere.

I followed Erza through the happy crowd, finding Lucy along with Mira and Wendy and Carla.

"…I don't think I've ever heard of him," Lucy was saying.