Chapter 43 - Face from the past

"Like hell we would," Totomaru said, drawing his blade.

The man in front of us blinked slowly and I can feel his magic power and it was more powerful than both mine and Totomaru combined. I pulled RuneSave out of its shaft and stared at the opponent in front of us. It was like I always thought…no matter how powerful you are, there will always be someone stronger than you and that reality was staring at me straight in the face.

"I will rather avoid a fight," our enemy spoke out, "While I can recognize worthy opponents, it will take the enjoyment out of the fight if my opponents are injured."

Totomaru let out a growl and I chanced a glance at him.

"You people murdered hundreds of samurai," he said, "What you have done is unforgivable…and you expect words to have any kind of meaning right now."

His grip tightened upon the blade he was holding.

"I don't care about what you have to say," He continued glaring up at him, "All I care about…is defeating you and make you feel all the pain you made my people feel."

Our enemy stayed quiet as he observed him his eyes completely devoid of any emotions. Then I felt the shift in magic coming from him and I tensed myself.

"Here he comes," I said.

Then explosion overcome us.

It was like the very air around us exploded and I yelled out as RuneSave absorbed the blast around me and I heard Totomaru yelling in pain causing me to glance at him. His entire body was completely covered in bruises and his face looked completely shocked at what had happened to him as he stayed standing for at least a few seconds before falling down on the ground.

"Totomaru," I yelled.

"Now that he is out of the way," the man said drawing my attention toward him, "Golden Angel, you will now tell me what I need to know."

"I won't tell you anything," I said.

He chuckled.

"Your spirit is admirable but you should know it's only a matter of time before we find what we are looking for," he said, "While I am fighting here…other members of my team are out there right now searching for the Key as we speak."

B…But I didn't sense anything other than the Key's Magic…and his, I thought.

"You're bluffing," I told him, "There is no one in this forest apart from the two of us and Totomaru."

He stayed silent.

"Impressive," he said, "Your sensory abilities are more than I expected. It's no wonder you were able to sense the Key wherever it was hidden. You can't fight me in the condition you are in right now…now, tell me where the Key is."

I raised my blade.

"I won't."

He let out a sigh.

"Very well," he said.

Then he raised his palm, aiming it straight toward Totomaru's fallen form.

What the…?

"Bleve."

Even before he spoke I was already in movement, coming in between them and with a slash of RuneSave the explosion was split into two and I heard it tearing down the ground around me. I glared at the man.

"Attacking an unconscious opponent…that's a new level of low."

"You care for that person do you not?" he said, "I will attack him until you reveal to me the Key location."