Chapter 117 - Acnologia

If there was one thing that stood clear from my mind from the memories I had of Fairy Tail when I was back in my world, it was the name of Acnologia. There was something about how it suddenly appeared and how shocking his appearance was that had stayed burned in the back of my mind…and that cold feeling that had settled upon me as I stood there underneath the sun along with Erza, that had taken away all the warmth that I had being feeling right now.

I stared at the sky, fear coursing through my body like liquid fire, and I couldn't even see the creature yet. That strange growl that had seemingly echoed around us like it was coming from everywhere at once and yet carries such a menace with it…

There was no doubt about it.

"Eve."

Erza's voice cut through my mind like butter and I instantly turned toward the young woman that stood beside me. She had placed a hand upon mine, taking it within hers. I can see the worry in the depths of her eyes as she observed me.

"What's wrong?" she asked me.

I stared at her, trying to keep myself calm. But I couldn't stop myself from trembling at the sudden fear of what kind of menace that was heading straight for Tenrou Island. The girl observed me and she could see that something was bothering me.

"We need to get back to the others," I told her.

I can see the question in her eyes but the redhead nodded at me. She tightened her grip upon my hand and we both ran together, heading back toward where the camp was. The road back seems longer now as the seconds passed by in complete silence from the two of us. It was nothing that could be said as a soft wind blew through the area as we ran.

"Something's coming isn't it?" Erza said.

It wasn't a question, more like a statement and I can feel her hand tighten around mine.

"Whatever it is, you could sense it's approaching the island," the redhead continued as we ran through the trees, "That's what caused you to freeze up earlier."

"Yes," I told her.

"Is it Zeref?" she asked, "Or is it something…more?"

"I doubt I'll be able to tell the difference," I answered her with a light frown, "But from the sound we heard…it's definitely something more…"

Erza nodded, "Before…you said something when we first heard the sound…"

I glanced at the girl noticing that she was looking at me from the corner of her eyes. She must have heard me when I let out the name of the dragon itself. I frowned lightly thinking about the few scraps of memory I had of the dragon. All I knew that it was a dragon and it was the cause for the destruction of Tenrou Island...thought it was hard to keep track off.

"There is something out there that is more dangerous than Zeref," I told her, "Actually…it's hard to say into what scales it leaned to but, whatever is coming is that side I wish I never ran into, the dragon Acnologia."

Erza's eyes widened lightly.

"A dragon…?" she said, "Like Natsu's Igneel?"

"I can't say anything for Igneel," I told her, "But all I know is Acnologia is something that I had hoped I never run into in my lifetime."

Erza frowned.

"Then we better hurry and get to camp before all hell break looses," she said.

"We shouldn't be too far," I told her.

As we ran, another strange growl echoed around us and I can feel the chill running through my body at the sound and this time, with it came a strange stench in the air…a stench that causes me to grimace at how foul it was. This creature smelled like death...