Chapter 48 - Heaven's game

Erza was kneeled beside the fallen Simon and everyone else attention were turned toward the new arrival, Sho. The young man had both of his arms opened in large as he stared at the man on the ground in front of him, a large grin upon his face.

"What the hell are you thinking Sho?" I said, "Attacking him like that?"

"He turns on Jellal," Sho said simply staring back at me, "Jellal had saved us when you have turned your back on us Eve along with Erza too. How could you simply do such a thing to the man who had given us everything?"

"Jellal has blinded you," Simon said slowly getting up on his feet with Erza's support, "Jellal was the one who betrayed Erza."

Anger appeared upon Sho's face.

"That's just because you are in love with her," he said, "You know what Erza had done to us. You know she was the one who destroyed the boats when we were about to leave the Island. If Jellal hadn't warned us about the explosions, all of us would have been drowning at the bottom of the ocean."

"Jellal told you that," Gray said.

Gajeel frowned.

"That sound awfully convenient," he said, "If what he said is true, then how did he know Titania was going to blow up the boats?"

Sho looked at him, his anger visible in his eyes.

"You don't know anything," he growled, "None of you know anything about us…about what we went through in this place. I was saved thanks to Jellal. When you betrayed us, he was the one to show us the truth about what this Tower can truly do…It's why I have spend eight years working on this place. This place is going to bring us to Paradise after he resurrected that person."

I stared at the young man in front of me, saddened at what Jellal had turned him into. He was only a child when all of this had happened…only a kid and his world had been shattered when Jellal had told us of the incident that happened about the boats.

"Did you know why I disappeared Sho?" I asked him.

The young man turned his eyes toward me.

"After the incident of the boats…did you know why I disappeared from the Tower back then?"

"Jellal told us that you ran," Sho said, "You ran away because you couldn't face the truth of what Erza had become…"

That's what he told you huh…

"It's because I confronted him about what happened to Erza," I told him, "I was shocked as you were when he told us about the boats and who was behind it but I couldn't believe it and no matter how many times I tried to convince myself otherwise…so I went to talk to him of it."

I frowned.

"Jellal himself told me he was the one behind the attacks…he told me what he had planned for the Tower…he was the one who destroyed the boats so that he could keep us here to complete the Tower for him."

Sho was looking at me.

"There….There is no way what you're saying is true," he said, sounding close to "I was saved by Jellal…I built this Tower for eight years for him…and now you're telling me…that this entire time he was lying to us?"

"Yes," I said looking at him, "Jellal was the one betrayed Erza. He threw me out of the Tower at that time I confronted him because he knew I could convince you and the rest of the truth…that I could throw a wrench into his plans."

Sho looked down at the ground, his entire body shaking.

"How can you believe in Erza like this?" he asked, falling down to his knees, "You and Simon, believed her…and I couldn't…what did I do wrong? Why couldn't I trust her…why…?"