Chapter 105 - Tenrou Island, The S-Class Trials Begin

Gajeel stood across me in a stance with a frown upon his face. The young man had both of his hand crossed across his chest as he observed me.

"You serious about this Eve?"

I stared up at him.

"I wouldn't have said this if I wasn't serious Gajeel," I told him.

The young man sighed.

"Alright," he said, "We only have one week to train to get ready for the Trials and you want me to fight you with all my power and without holding back."

"Yes," I said, "I have grown stronger during the Edolas business and the entire mess that happened before, but I want to see if I can improve even more from it."

He smirked.

"Well, I don't know where that confidence come from," he said, "But if it's a fight you want, then I will oblige you."

I removed RuneSave and took my stance. Across me, Gajeel had started to draw upon his magic as his Iron Scales took place around his skin. He was staring at me before he charged forward with a punch and I summoned out my Heaven's Feather Shield causing a large explosion of magic to clash in the air around us as both powers clashed against each other with extreme prejudice.

Then, feathers were brought out around us before they all launched toward Gajeel who managed move out of the way of the attack which missed him. I tracked his magic signature and I turned toward where he appeared…

"Iron Dragon Roar," he yelled.

The blast of wind and steel aimed straight toward me and with a yell of RuneSave, I slashed through the breath attack causing it to dissipate around us as the wind continue to blow around us like a no ending volcano and then Gajeel was there in front of me with his punch ready.

"Iron Dragon…Hard Fist," he yelled.

He slammed it straight upon me and I felt the surge of pain coursing through me before I was blown backward and crashing through some trees. Then, I landed down upon the ground sliding back and feeling my side throbbing at the pain that was coursing through me.

I spat blood upon the ground as Gajeel approached me.

"Are you sure you want to continue this Eve?" he asked.

I looked up toward him before slowly standing up. I can feel my wings taking shape upon my back as my magic energy started to grow all around my body. I tightened my grip upon RuneSave before meeting his eyes.

"You are my partner Gajeel," I said, "You have agreed to follow everything I have ordered you to do so that I can become S-Class. Don't worry, I can take it."

He smirked.

"Alright," he said, "Let's continue."

And this is how my week went.

Every day I will wake up and fight against Gajeel for the better part of the day and with his Iron Scales, his power had grow quite a lot and we battled each other until I was unable to move anymore and completely covered with bruises and cuts with my magic completely spent. Gajeel enjoyed fighting and fighting against him made me feel like I was growing stronger even thought I never told him the actual reason as to why I was fighting to increase my power.

We had taken camp in the woods that surrounded Magnolia and we fought against each other every day and even against the giant Vulcans that roamed the part of the woods. It was backbreaking work out but nothing I haven't gone through before after all, Gajeel himself had been the one to increase my physical strength back when we first met. I owned many things to him and I was glad to have him to help me train.