Chapter 88 - Calm before the Storm

With Edo Lucy's help, we managed to make good time in our travel to the city of Sycca. With her guidance it didn't take us long to arrive within the city itself and like Louen, this city was a completely different in designs.

It was block like in appearances with strange buildings and strange shapes. It was like something out out a geometry book with the different type of buildings and I swore I had seen a cone shaped top in the distance. It was slowly getting darker when we reached the town, meaning it was much easier to walk by people without them identifying us as fugitives.

With Edo Lucy's help she managed to rent us a room in a cheap hotel and we made our way inside the room with Happy and Carla hidden inside my bag. It was an idea, I have gotten about when Happy told us that everyone almost freaked out when they thought they were Exceeds, which from what the small blue cat told us, was a race in Edolas that was almost like Angels to the humans of this world.

Stepping inside the room, I opened the bag letting the two out and Carla was the first one to leave, letting out a large gasp.

"Finally some fresh air," she said, "I thougth that I was about to die."

"I can hug you if you like," Happy told her.

"Not one your nine lives Tomcat," Carla argued back.

I glanced toward the rest of the group who were getting confortable and Wendy took a seat upon one of the couch.

"I'm exhausted," she said, "I don't think I've ever walked that far on a Job before."

"You'll get used to it," I told the small girl.

Wendy gave me a smile.

"It's amazing at how you're not even winded at walking for so long," she told me.

"Yeah, I am pretty resilient at long distances," I answered her taking a seat beside the girl, "But I am feeling more tired than usual, which is weird."

"Maybe you're not fully healed after what happened when I healed you," Wendy said.

Thinking back, I did feel fine ever since the Dragonoid incident…but I did feel more tired sometimes when I used too much magic in one go despite me not going to a lot of jobs recently.

"You're probably right."

She smiled.

"Well I don't know about you three but am going to take a shower," she said, "There is no way I will sleep with that much sweats upon my body after such a long walk."

"I think we should all freshen up," Edo Lucy told us, "Nights like here can get pretty hot…I'll join you Earth Land me, I want see how different we really are."

"Hey I didn't tell you could join me," Lucy told her as her Edo version starting to drag her with her.

"I know," she said, "I just want to see if we are truly the same…I mean I've got a birthmark right beside my…"

Lucy slapped a hand upon her lips.

"Don't go talking about that in public," she argued.

Edo Lucy gave her a mischievious smirk.

"Then let's go take a shower," she told her.

The girl made her way inside the bathroom and Lucy followed after her, with a sigh closing the door behind them. I shook my head at the duo, taking off the cloak I was wearing and placing it on the single chair at the end of the room. I placed RuneSave there too, walking only with my sleeveless shirt underneath. I had let my hair fall down upon my back, making my way toward the window to check out the streets below.