Chapter 91 - Infiltrating the Edolas Castle

The lacrima reminded me of the Tower of Heaven quite well when it was in its completed form. I observed the large blue thing in front of me, completely frozen where I stood. I can feel the familiar feeling of the Earth Land ethernano that was being projected from its glowing form but I couldn't feel who it was…I couldn't feel any individual magic energy from within it.

Well, considering lacrima are simply pure magic crystallized, I thought, I shouldn't be surprised.

"Oh no…," Wendy whispered, "That's a lacrima…you don't think…"

"There is no doubt about it," I answered her.

"That would mean…all of our friends are inside there," Happy added.

I frowned.

"If you look closely, you can see that there is a missing piece," Carla told us.

She was right. Near the top for the large lacrima was an almost perfect cut as if it was chopped from another much larger piece. That would mean that there was more of the lacrima somewhere else…

"That would mean…there is more of the lacrima somewhere," Lucy added.

I glanced to my left finding Lucy and Natsu standing a little farther away from where I was. The crowds' cheering continued to echo around me and it was seriously starting to grate on my ears. I wanted to cause a large explosion just to have them shut the hell up. They have no right to cheer for this…they have no right to be happy while my friends were transformed into this lacrima…

Then, from a balcony beside the lacrima, a single figure appeared and his appearance caused the crowds cheers to intensify. The figure was wearing a large hat upon his head, bearing the symbol of the Edolas army. He was holding on a staff and a long brown coat was falling from his shoulders and around him.

He had long white hair and beard with his eyes showing some intense emotions and I knew by just looking at him and the fine tailored clothes that this man was the King of Edolas. He probably was the one who threw this festival…

Then he lowered his hand and staff causing the crowds cheers to clammed down until they were complete silence within the crowd. The sound of some kid laughter drew my attention toward where it comes from noticing a father and his son. He had the boy upon his shoulder and the kid's eyes were wide with wonder at the sight of the large lacrima.

"Dad…this is for us right," he was saying.

"You said it son," the father answered, "The King really put his all into providing for us his people."

Providing, I thought, tightening my hands into fists, he stole it, endangering our friends…

"Children of Edolas," the Kings 'voice echoed around us and I find my eyes turning up toward where he stood above us.

"It brings great joy to my heart to tell you that our Anima program has produced enough magic power to last another decade," he announced.

"You didn't produce a darn thing," Happy said anger in his voice, "All you did was breaking into our world and steal it from us."

"Please control your temper Tomcat," Carla warned him.

"Let us rejoice together," The King continued, "Let us sing and dance. Let laughter roar through our sacred Kingdom."

The crowd cheered and that caused my anger to grow even more…

"The power within this lacrima belong to all loyal subjects of our fair homeland," he continued, "Today we hold our future in our hands to ensure it's prosperity into tomorrow and beyond. Therefore, we must swear to protect this gift from heavens with our very lives."