Chapter 9 - Stand up for your freedom!

It was in the early hours of morning that we were thrown back into our cell. I was feeling pain all over my body from getting zapped by that magic staff. Even thought I have grown used to it, my body seems to cry every time I was the victim of that abuse.

"T…They took her," Sho said, tears falling from his eyes, "They took sis."

"Damn it," Simon said a frown upon his face, "It's like they were waiting for us out there…When we hadn't met anyone…I should have been aware that it was a trap."

I took a seat upon the ground in my corner, feeling tears falling out of my eyes as I cried silently. I put my head into my knees my entire body shaking with my soft sobs. I wish I could have changed what happened somehow. I couldn't help but feel nothing but fear for Erza and I knew what she was going to face in the Torture Chambers…

I just hope that she will be alright.

An arm twisted around my shoulder in comfort and I glanced up toward its owner. Jellal had taken a seat right beside me, his face set and stony. The look in his eyes was focused and it was hard to tell what he was thinking at the moment.

"Jellal," I said softly, drawing his attention toward me, "I…I'm sorry."

The young man actually cracked a smile before ruffling my head a little.

"It's not your fault Eve," he answered, "Although, I was surprised when you decided to stand up to take the blame for the plan I came up with. I never thought that you had that kind of courage hiding within you."

I sniffed, swallowing thickly as I turned my attention down at the ground.

"I…I just didn't want any of you to face what I faced back in that place," I told him, "I thought that if I stood up for everyone…they will leave the rest of you alone but…"

I tightened my hands into fist.

"They took someone innocent of everything," I continued, seeing my tears falling down upon the stone ground.

Jellal sighed.

"You don't need to cry," he said, "I came up with the plan…and I should have be the one to take the blame."

He stood up and I watched his back as he stood there both of his hands upon his side tightened into fists.

"Save your tears Eve for when we have our freedom," he said, "I will save Erza from their clutches, and we will fight to our last breath for it. Then when our freedom is in grasp, and we don't have to live in this Tower no longer, then you can cry to your heart contents…"

He turned toward me again, a smile upon his face.

"Because those tears will be tears of happiness,"

I stared at him, completely shocked at what he had said. I can feel a new hope burning through my chest at the moment, taking place of the worry and despair that had taken over me when I had seen Erza get taken by these people…

"Yes," I said softly, "I know."

Jellal gave me a smirk and then Simon approached us.

"You've got a plan?" he asked.

The blue haired young man smiled.

"Yes," he said, "I'm going to get Erza out of that horrible place."

"If you're coming, I am with you Jellal," Simon said.

"Me too," I said standing up.

The young man turned toward us.

"No,"

I blinked confused. Why was he refusing us?

"What do you mean no?" Simon asked, "This is the Torture Chambers we are talking about here. If you go alone, you'll get caught."