Chapter 122 - The Last Letter

Chapter Cover: A Child Eve lying on the ground with a small smile alongside Samara as a large tree casted a shadow upon their forms.

Bloom Village Cemetery

Two days later, I found myself standing in front of the grave of the girl I knew since the moment I was born. I stood there staring at the tombstone in front of me, unable to believe that the words I was reading upon it. There were a few rotting flowers in front of the stone meaning that someone visited recently, probably a few days earlier then when I arrived here.

Flashback

"Samara…is dead?" I repeated, shocked.

Sakura was staring at me, completely taken aback by how shocked I was. I guess I never did mention to them that I knew Samara. With how things had been going back then, I only realized that they will meet sometimes in the future but…

"How did she die?"

"I don't know," Sakura said, "All I know is that she had died on the same year that Mui broke Jellal out. The only reason I still remember it was because of that event."

I could feel my body shaking lightly at the emotions I was feeling inside. It was like something had punched me in the gut and the pain was slowly growing even stronger. I turned away from Sakura, raising my hands toward my hair. It was impossible…it was…completely impossible that something like that happened considering that hardly a month and half ago, Samara and Mui where here in Magnolia with me, enjoying the Cherry Blossom Festival….

But that was seven years ago…

That chilling thought hit me like a cold douse of water. I can feel my eyes watering as my body shook with the pain. Oh God…

"Eve," Sakura said, "What's wrong?"

"She was my friend," I told her, "No…she was more than a friend. She was my first sister."

Sakura looked surprised.

"Your first sister?" she repeated.

I could feel the tears falling down, but I could still talk, despite the shaking in my voice.

"Samara and I grew up in the same Orphanage," I answered, "I was only a little baby back then and she was one the oldest girl in the place. She taught me how to walk, how to read, she even taught me how to tie my hair…we were so close back then…until she got adopted."

I sniffed, running a hand over my tears to wipe them...

"Before she left, she gave me this ring," I said showing it to her, "and from that day one, I was her little sister…we promised to write to each other but I never got a chance…"

I looked down, tightening my grip upon the ring.

"Now I never will,"

End of flashback

I approached the grave in front of me, with the bouquet of flowers that was in my right hand while my left was holding a small box. I stood there in front of the grave for a few moments before placing the flowers down in front of it.

Then I stood back up again staring at the words upon the stone in front of me.

Samara E. Imedia

November 5, X759-June 21, X788

Beloved Elder Sister and Daughter

Three years ago, I thought, you die three years ago from here. If only we've returned from Tenrou a little earlier…