Chapter 139 - The Festival of Romance

Chapter Cover: Eve dressed in a yukata as she walked through a Festival with a smile upon her face.

So that's how I came to stay at Totomaru's place and start training for the Grand Magic Games. It became quite a routing as I trained with RuneSave during most of the time and I mean trying to change the sword shape by concentrating on actually changing it but it was a frustrating job considering that the sword wasn't budging at all.

Secondly, I have also started to brush up on my swords skills. Considering that I mostly used magic when I fight, training with the Samurai had started taking part of my days when I wasn't getting anywhere with my sword. It was quite a challenge to fight against people who actually use their swords everyday of their lives unlike me who was practically using magic everyday of my life…

And that's how today found me, four weeks after I arrived in Totomaru's place, that I was facing a young samurai in training. We were using bamboo sword so no one was actually going to get hurt by a stab wounds or anything but the bruises I have actually gotten because of those fight made me say that they were actually pretty damn dangerous and hurt like hell…

My feet were moving on automatic, tightening my grip upon the hilt of the bamboo sword in my hand as my opponent continued its aggressive attack upon me. I wasn't as rusty as I had first believed considering that I was holding my own against him but it didn't last long before I was disarmed and had fallen down upon my back with his own sword at me.

"Alright, you win," I said.

The young man nodded at me before removing his blade. I slowly got back to my feet, feeling sweat pouring down on my face. I haven't realized it but I was breathing quite heavily. We have been going out for the best part of two hours.

"You are stronger than I expected you to be Eve Sky," the young man told me.

I glanced at him.

His name was Ellis Law. The young man was raised here in this place from what I could gather and used to be part of a former member of a Samurai clan that lived somewhere in the mountains. He was about twenty four, though from looking at him, you would think that he was around sixteen. I wasn't kidding either.

And it didn't hurt he had a handsome face as well and a light roguish smirk as his shaggy like hair fall around his face. When I had first started to train with them, he had volunteered to actually train with me. When I had told him that I had previous experience using a katana, he was actually surprised and dueling him I had started to learn a little about him.

Law was a patient fighter. He would analyze you all, letting you attack first whenever you fought against him and he was someone who was quite a little sneak as well. He can shift the attack as swift as a viper striking its prey and end the match when you least expected it.

However, from fighting him for three long weeks, I came to know the way he fought and can anticipate when he was going to strike to be able to shift on defense as well. Back to the present from where I was seating down upon the ground I glanced up at the young man in front of me, noticing the hand he was extending down at me. I took hold of it and let him help me up.

He was taller than I was, so I had to look up toward him whenever I stood close to him and it was quite a change…thought not as much. Gajeel was the same height he was.

"I live to surprise people Law," I answered, giving him a little smirk of my own.

"I never expected a wizard to be so adept with a blade," Law told him as he let go of my hand.

"Not a lot of wizard use swords," I told him, "But the ones who do uses them are quite a deadly force. Someone from my guild, Erza, her entire magic is based on using weapons to fight so she is quite strong at using them."