Chapter 112 - The Voice from Inside

My eyes snapped open.

I was lying down upon a hard ground staring at an entirely white space. Blinking, I slowly seated up glancing around me, wondering where I was, and I didn't have to wait a long time to realize where I was. It was the same exact place I used to come to visit Nova when she was still in her large creature shaped form….now that I think about it, she never revealed to me what kind of creature she took the form of?

I didn't think that it still existed, I thought glancing around.

Then I looked down upon myself.

The wounds that I had upon my body from the battle against Azuma were gone almost as if I had never actually went through the hard battle I had just gone through. Thinking back to it, I never expected to actually lose against him. I knew the man was a powerful wizard but despite everything I did, he still managed to win against me.

I hope Mira is alright, I thought thinking.

The last memory I had of the white haired girl was that she was still insnared in that spell that Azuma had grown around her. I had fought with all my strength and it still wasn't enough…

"You know that's not true," a voice spoke.

I instantly turned around myself searching for where the voice had come from but there was no one there except for me. I glanced around myself, wondering if I had somehow imagined what had happened here to me….but this was my inner world, my own self, so if there was someone else here, I should have known of it.

"If you had actually fought with all of your powers," the voice spoke again causing me to search the white surroundings that were all around me, "You should have won that fight."

"Who are you?" I yelled, "Come out and show yourself."

A chuckle echoed around me.

"You know talking to yourself is a sign of madness right?"

I frowned.

"What are you talking about?"

A laugh started to echo around me.

"Haven't you figured it out yet Eve?" the voice spoke, "My voice…is coming from your lips."

I instantly raised my hand toward my mouth to find that it was closed but…it was pulled up into a strange smirk. But how could that be…I wasn't smiling.

"What the hell…?" I said, "What's wrong with my mouth?"

"Nothing is wrong with it," the voice said and I could feel my lips forming the words as the other voice grew out of it, "I'm simply...amused at you. You have power…all of that magic that Nova left for us and yet you don't even tap into it unlike the last time you did."

I could feel my limbs shaking.

"What are you?" I asked.

Suddenly the grin that was upon my lips was gone then the voice came from right behind me.

"You know who I am Eve,"

I turned to face it.

A large mirror stood there in front of me. How it appeared here without making a sound I would never know but the reflection I have seen in the mirror causes me to pause. My reflection was smiling at me, her golden eyes staring down toward where I was. She had the horns growing out of her forehead and even the tail was dancing behind her.

"Remember me?"

I stared at her, completely taken aback.

"How are you even here?" I asked, "This shouldn't be even possible."