Chapter 153 - Fiore's Number One Guild

Chapter Cover: Erza standing there in ripped pants with her sword raised in the air as golden feathers danced around her.

"W…What is this?" Erza asked, not keeping the surprise out of her voice.

"I don't know," Millianna spoke out, her voice also sounding a little fearful.

The competitors around me were all staring at the large building that was seemingly growing out of the magic circle in front of us. I had a small frown upon my face as I stared up toward it and I could sense the powerful magic coming from within it. I couldn't help but be happy to have my power back again, no matter how little of it I had, so it was still growing from within my form.

"I'll see what Archives had to say about it," Hibiki spoke out.

The young man was dressed in a pink long sleeved shirt with a dark blue pants and a matching vest. He had a lacrima like keyboard floating right in front of him as he was typing away upon it. Floating screens were popping out of thin air in front of the young man as his face was set into a focused expression.

So this is the Archive Magic, I thought, All the knowledge you can learn of any area or people and brought up in less than a few seconds. Quite a useful tool to have when you don't know what's your up against but it's power is mostly on that…I didn't hear anything about offensive magic for it.

A loud boom drew my attention forward and I glanced up toward where the castle was standing right in front of us. A pathway had appeared in front of us and it was leading straight up toward the entrance of the building. I stared up at it, now that the full building was now finished growing out of the black Magic circle in the sky above us.

"This thing is bigger than the Arena," I said.

Then the referee for the Games, mostly the little guy with the giant Pumpkin on his head and the green hat, walked toward us. The little man approached us and it was hard to know what his expression was for he was wearing that giant Pumpkin mask.

"Before you is a castle filled with vicious monsters," he said, "That is Pandemonium."

"I guess we now know our opponents for this event then," I smirked.

Some curious looks crossed the others features and Jura spoke out.

"I take it we have to do battle with these monsters then?"

The referee nodded.

"Yes sir you are correct," he said, "battle against a hundred monsters to be exact. They are all lurking inside the castle walls but don't panic there is no danger of them escaping and attacking the crowd after all, they're magical projection created solely for the purpose of this game."

He looked at us.

"They are also classified by their degrees of difficulties with have five classes," he continued, "D, C, B A and S and the distribution is shown here."

A screen appeared right in front of us showing the different class of monsters and as I was observing, I noticed that they have 50 D class monsters, 30 C class, 15 B-Class, 4 A-Class and one S-class. It was pretty ingenious to say the least with the numerous monsters shown everywhere where.

The tougher they are, the fewer monsters there is, I thought.

"Let me give you an example," the referee spoke out, "Let me show you just how powerful a D-Class monster is. They're the weakest remember?"

A lacrima vision screen appeared above him, showing the inside of the Pandemonium castle. I noticed all of gothic pillars looking straight out of a horror movie and then through the fog a single for legged creature appeared. It was apparent that it was big, almost as big as a riding animal. It was bulky in from and was also quite strong looking. Then the D-Class monster launched itself at the nearest pillar to him and destroyed it without breaking a sweat. The crowd around us was gasping whether in shock and awe I didn't know and I couldn't help the small smirk working its way upon my lips.