Chapter 47 - Erza's truth

I watched Erza walk toward her friends. Her entire body was shaking and from what I have seen in her eyes, she was scared that her friends would reject her because she had kept her true origins from them. I thought back to the days spent in this Tower…in this hell for the best part of my childhood…

But there was also something that was drawing my attention. I could feel a magic presence around us…but the thing is, whoever it was didn't make any move to attack us, nor was it moving away, and without RuneSave I felt vulnerable after all, I never went to a fight without my trusted sword at my side.

Then Erza started to speak and I turned my attention toward her turned back.

"This place is called the R-System or Resurrection System," Erza started, "Over a decade ago, a dark cult started building it in hope of creating a magic powerful enough to resurrect the dead."

"Resurrect?" Gajeel repeated, surprised, "You mean like a zombie?"

"More like how whoever it was they want to revive back to how that person was when they were alive."

Natsu, Gray and Lucy were shocked at what Erza had just said and I feel my eyes lower lightly.

"But they couldn't have built it by themselves," Erza continued, "At least not without the Council finding out so they captured a number of slaves across the neighboring areas and countries…The only reason I know of this because I was one of the slaves."

"What?" Lucy gasped putting her hands over her lips.

Gajeel glanced at my direction, his eyes seemingly asking me something but I simply shook my head, telling him to hold whatever he was thinking about. The Dragon Slayer returned it and focused his attention back at Erza.

The redhead took a deep breath.

"It was an hard life," she continued, "We hardly had a piece of mind, living in constant fear of being killed or worse tortured till inch of your life…but in those hard time, we managed to find friends and help each other through the horror and hardship that we faced every day."

She glanced at me.

"It was then I first crossed path with Eve," she said a sad smile growing on her lips.

The group turned their attentions toward me and I pulled my mask downward and showing them the fading scar that was upon my cheek. I can see the horrified looks in their eyes when they looked at me.

"I fought back," I said, "A friend of mine named Mui was about to get tortured for something I had done, so I tried to fight back and this was the result of it. After, I was separated from him and thrown into a cell where Erza was and we became friends from here on out…along with a few others."

Erza took over again.

"Since we were the only kids in that cell, we bonded with each other," she said, "There was Simon, Sho, Milianna, Wally and…Jellal." Her voice changed pitch when she said the name but she riled in whatever emotions she was feeling for she continued, "Because of what had happened to Eve back then…Jellal came up with a plan for us to escape…but, it didn't go as well as we hoped. We were captured but they took one from our group to pay for trying to escape."

Erza lowered her head.

"They took me…and…," her hand went toward her face and most likely her left eye causing Gray to tense up.

"That's how you…," he whispered.

She nodded.

"Jellal came to help," Erza continued, "He freed me from their clutches, but was taken in my place…and that was the boiling point…and later that same day, we revolted against them, we fought for our freedom."