Chapter 42 - Key of Zeref

"T…The DeadLands?" Totomaru repeated, shocked.

I glanced at him.

"I'm judging that from the name, something bad happened there."

"It's forbidden for Samurai to go there," Totomaru said, "It's a desolate place that had a bad feeling within it. It was said that some dark rituals had taken place there and had caused the wildlife within its range to die and the plants to whiter."

"Probably Sacrilege's doing," Lord Ishimaru said, the scorn in his voice quite present, "Wizards are such a good for nothing. All they know is to cause destruction and calamity in the world. Magic is nothing but a curse that Fiore had to live with."

I stared at the man in front of me. I had a question I wanted to ask him but…this wasn't the moment for it. Something in his voice made me think that his dislike of Wizards goes deeper than just plain dislike. I turned my attention toward Totomaru.

"Let's go," I told him, "We might want to hurry if we are to find this Artifact before Grimoire Heart."

Totomaru nodded.

"We might have to hurry," he told me.

"Juvia is coming along," the water wizard said.

"No, you stay and watch over Gajeel," I told her.

She looked shocked.

"You want Juvia to stay behind again?"

"Juvia," I told her, "Grimoire Heart is powerful…more powerful than any of us could imagine. I need you to stay here in case they decide to come and finish what they've started here. You and Gajeel can probably give them a work out…listen, I don't like it anymore than you do but I don't want us all to be defeated like before and leave the samurai defenseless."

"Don't look down upon us," Lord Ishimaru said, "We samurai are powerful in our own right."

I gave the man a chilling glare.

"Your people couldn't fight against the four of us," I told him, "Grimoire Heart decimated entire Clans of samurai…you should know by now that you're out of your league."

"Eve…," I heard Totomaru said warningly.

I didn't pay him any mind as I walked forward, my eyes still on the man in front of me.

"I don't know what your beef is with wizards but one of them nearly blow you into pieces earlier so you do well accepting our help in this matter. You should consider yourself lucky that your son wanted us to come along or you'll be facing that threat by yourself if anything was different."

Ishimaru looked like he was about to blow with how red his face was but even a man like him can see the truth in my words. He may just be too proud to say it aloud. I noticed that his hand was hovering lightly were his sword was placed and I feel my own hand moving toward RuneSave handle upon my back.

"Father…it may be prudent to accept these wizards' help."

Tobimaru who had stayed silent the entire time we were talking had approached. The young man had a grave look upon his features.

"Tobimaru…"

"We are no expert in dealing with wizards in general," Tobimaru continued, "Those people took out our best guards so easily and it was only one man. Totomaru is familiar with how these people operate and maybe it will be best to lead him deal with it."

The young man turned toward us.

"I would even pay you a hefty sum for your work," he said.

I narrowed my eyes at him.