Chapter 104 - Words that I can't Say

I walked back down toward the guild with both of my hands into my pocket. I never expected myself to be chosen for the S Class Trials before. Sure, I knew that I was a powerful wizard in my own right but chosen for this Exam…I didn't think that he would have chosen me, out of everyone that was in Fairy Tail.

An arm threw itself around my shoulders threw me out of my thoughts.

"So Eve, chosen for the S-Class Trials," The Iron Dragon slayer smirked, "How about we team up and go destroy the competition completely."

"I don't know Gajeel," I told him, "You always go crazy during your battles, don't think I don't know about what you did during the Phantom trials."

A look crossed his face.

"Who told you?" he asked, "Is it Juvia?"

I glanced at him.

"Everyone in the guild back then was talking about it."

"But c'mon Eve," Gajeel said with what look like an pout upon his face.

I stared at the Dragon Slayer, completely taken aback by his display. Did he really want to go to the trial that badly with me?

"If you and I go together," I said, "Will you promise to do everything I say?"

"What the heck?" he said, surprised.

"You have to remember I was the one chosen for this so you'll have to do everything in your power to make me into an S-Class wizard got it."

He gave me that smirk of his.

"I've got your back," he said, "You would know that….oh, and there is someone I would like you to meet."

I blinked.

"Who?"

"My cat of course," Gajeel smirked, "Hey Lily come say hello to Eve."

The small black Exceed walked toward where the two of us where and he looked up toward me.

"Another face I recognize from Edolas," he said.

"Oh yeah, you must have known Commander Frost," I told him, "What was she like?"

"Well, she is certainly different than you," Lily told me, "She doesn't usually talk to me except during the meetings and all that the King has."

"Well, my name is Eve Sky," I told him with a grin.

"Then it's great to meet you Eve Sky," he said, "I hope we become great friends."

I gave a light nod.

"So do I," I answered him.

"So are we going to train for the week?" Gajeel asked, "Just like old times right?"

I stayed silent for a few minutes.

"I should go speak to Miyu and Sakura about it," I told him, "They get kind of worried when I'm gone during the holidays."

"Oh…these two," Gajeel said with a light nod, "How have they been anyway?"

"Well, I haven't been visiting them for quite a while," I told him honestly, "So what about it? Want to come with."

"Heh sure why not," he said, "C'mon Lily, you're going to meet Eve's family."

"Eve's family?" the Exceed said, curious.

We were walking through the guild with Lily flying beside the two of us.

"Well, they are the people that took me in when I was really young," I told the Exceed.