Chapter 121 - Lamia Scale

Chapter Cover: Eve along with team Natsu seating together around a table, enjoying a large meal

I could feel myself slowly coming out of my sleep with someone playing with my hair. I was still half asleep thought so I couldn't tell if it was real or not but I enjoyed it. I can feel how soft the fingers were moving and instantly knew that it was Erza considering how my body was reacting to her touches. I feel my eyes opening, finding myself staring at the young woman's face.

"Hey," she greeted.

I smiled back.

"Morning,"

Erza glanced at the window drawing my attention toward it. There was the sunlight coming through the windows which was a little wet from the humidity coming from outside the room. I can see little droplets running down the glass and can even see the buildings in the distance.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked her.

The girl chuckled.

"Not long," she said, "I was just…thinking."

I noticed the look upon her features.

"What about?" I asked.

Erza returned her gaze toward me, the brown eyes seemingly seeing right through me. I observed her features noticing that they were showing a little apprehension but also, showing a little bit of worry. It made me feel a little concern for her.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked her.

"Everything's fine," she answered, "Everything is fine, I just thought myself into a frenzy."

"Erza," I said, instantly seating up so that I could be face to face wit her, "Don't do this…don't hide yourself from me."

The redhead let out a soft sigh.

"I was thinking about this new…happening between us," she said, "It's…nice but it's also really terrifying. I was just thinking this morning, at how you die back at the Tower of Heaven…and hearing Azuma said it that you are dead…what if the third time someone told me about this…it's not a lie and that you really are dead?"

I let out a little smile, taking her into a small hug.

"Don't worry about these things," I told her, "All of that is the past and I have managed to live through them and I am here, lying in this bed with you. How about you stop worrying about the past and start to look ahead in the future? Leave all the worrying to me alright. You're Titania Erza, you've never backed down from anything before."

Erza leaned her head upon my shoulder.

"I never had someone like you before in my life do I?"

That caused me to fall silent. She was telling the truth, in a way. I let go of the hug and look at her in the eyes.

"But isn't what life is all about?" I asked her, "to go through it and gain new experience so that we can grow wiser and be kinder. If it makes you feel any better, I am as terrified about this entire thing as you are, so we're kind in the same boat."

The girl chuckled softly.

"I suppose I was worried for nothing," she said.

I smiled.

"It's good to worry," I told her, "You know…it felt kind of nice, when you were playing with my hair."

The redhead had the decency to blush lightly at that. The girl looked away from my eyes.

"I didn't even realize I was doing it," she said.

I decided to lied back down, using her lap as a pillow. The girl stared back down at me.