Chapter 165 - Operation Fairy Star

Chapter Cover: Eve seating side by side with Laxus and Gajeel with Gray and Juvia on the side of the couch with the Fairy Tail flag dancing behind them.

The sun was shining in the sky as July 6th rolled in. It was quite warm as well as everyone was getting ready for the match of the day. The entire Domus Flau was already filled up with the people as everyone was getting excited to watch the final Day of the Grand Magic Games and to see who will be crowned as the top guild in all of Fiore. The crowd was already cheering and yelling out as they were getting ready for the battle that will start soon.

Fireworks was also lighting up the sky in their shining brilliance, pumping up the crowd for the day for the excitement that will surely be taking place today.

"This is what we have all been waiting for," Chipachu announced to the cheering crowd, "It had been an exciting week with incredible magic and emotional moments that we will never forget, but today, one guild will be crowned the strongest guild in Fiore and the winner of the Grand Magic Games. Ladies and gentlemen it had been an honor to have spent this time with you and with my fellow commentator Mr. Yajima."

"My pleasure," Mr. Yajima said.

"We have a very special guest with us today," Chipachu continued, "You all know and love him as the official mascot of the Grand Magic Games, the always entertaining Mato."

"Hello," the guy in the Pumpkin suit said waving at the lacrima screen.

"Usually you're in the Arena acting as a referee," Chipachu said, "But not today."

"No sir that won't be necessary because today is extra special, the final match of the Grand Magic Games" Mato said, "Now let's get thing started and bring out the competitors."

The crowd cheered on and I was leaning against the wall behind me as I was listening to the competitor start the day of the Games. I was once again wearing the same kimono I wore on the first day with my sword hanging at my waist in it's normal form. All around me the guys were quiet as well with Juvia standing with Gray and Gajeel leaning on the wall beside me. Laxus was standing by himself as he had both of his arms crossed.

"So…you got Erza to switch with you?" he said giving me a glance.

"Yeah," I told him, "Don't worry, I know about the First's Master plan so you don't have to worry about me getting anything wrong. Erza had been good enough to tell me all about it."

A light smile appeared upon Laxus's face.

"Well then we have nothing to worry about," he smirked.

"Coming up in sixth place and hoping to turn things around is the hunting hellhound turn tail chasers, Quatro Puppy," Chipachu had announced.

"It's true that Bacchus had been on the losing side this year," Yajima said, "But his drunken palm chop is still a force to be reckoned with."

"Next up is the guild that exude class and an intoxicating perfume," Chipachu continued, "With Ichiya, Ren, Hibiki…it's Blue Pegasus."

The fans cheered loudly for them.

"They're currently down in fifth place but today is the day to turn it into the sweet smell of victory," Mato added.

"And now here come our Third Place team Lamia Scale," Chipachu Lola announced, "Can Lyon Bastia the Ice wizard who rivals Fairy Tail's Gray Fullbuster bring the heat in today's battle or will his team get frozen in their tracks?"

"He doesn't' have to do it alone," Mato said, "Don't forget that he had Yuka Gosley, Chelia and the Wizard Saint Jura Neekis are extremely powerful wizards."