Chapter 52 - The three laws of Fairy Tail

The first thing I became aware of after I opened my eyes was the feel of bright sunlight was burning upon me. I blinked in confusion as I glanced around myself noticing that I was inside a room. There was a breeze bursting from the opened window and I looked down upon myself seeing that my body was wrapped in bandages, probably taking care of my wounds…

"What…where am I?"

I slowly seated up looking around the room. It was a hotel room that much I could tell from the vibe of the entire place. There was a chair beside my bed along with some wrappers of snacks meaning someone had been there recently. I slowly get off the bed and made my way toward the open balcony which gave a nice view out toward a beautiful open beach.

I put a hand upon my head frowning lightly as the memories of the last thing I remember started to pour through…

I remembered Jellal…

Natsu…

Fighting against Mui…

Digging into the lacrima after Erza and taking the said girl in my arms…

"Eve,"

I turned toward the voice, finding the said girl behind me. She was dressed in a small purple dress and had bandages around her arms and body. She slowly approached where I was and I fully turned to meet her.

"Hey Erza," I greeted with a light smile.

To my surprise, tears appeared in her eyes and she crossed the room toward me and then threw her arms around my form. I stood frozen for a few seconds before I returned it.

"Don't you ever do that again," she said, "You hear me Eve…don't you ever…"

I simply returned the hug with a light smile.

"It was worth it," I said when I stepped back from her, "If it meant to keep you safe…I mean."

She looked at me. Erza was still a little taller than I am but for some reason, it feels like I was the taller one and I smiled at her and she shook her head before a smile of her own worked upon her lips.

"Where are the others?" I asked her.

"Well, you and Natsu has been asleep for the past three days," Erza answered.

"T…Three days?" I said shocked, "That's how long I have been out?"

"Yes," she said, "Gajeel and Juvia are alright…a little banged up, thought at this rate we are all carrying our own wounds from that fight."

We stepped outside of the room and were now into the hallway walking together.

"It's a miracle that no one died…,"

I glanced at her as she stopped walking.

"But…Eve, how did you survive?" she asked, "I was sure that you died…"

I let out a soft snort.

"You really think that something like that was going to keep me down?" I told her.

Erza glared at me and I can see the echo of that pain in her eyes. The same one she had when I lied dying in her arms and it causes me to backtrack a little.

"To tell you the truth…I did die," I told her, "But…"

Nova's sad smile flashed in my mind…

"I had someone looking out for me," I continued, "and it's thanks to that person that I managed to come back…but I was glad that I was able to return, after all, I wouldn't be able to pull your ass out of that lacrima."