Chapter 103 - The Fairy Tail S-Class Promotion Trial

A few days had passed since I woke up from Erza's room with nothing but a pounding headache and a promise that I will never, ever drink that much alcohol again. I was surprised, however, that I was the only one in the room that day and I only learnt later from Mira that she had gone on a Job by herself.

I was a little surprised about it but I didn't make much of it after all, Erza is an S-Class wizard so she can take care of herself quite well….though I have a uneasy feeling that there was something more to it than my reasoning.

Since then, I have been going on Jobs by myself and sometimes I have Juvia along. It was quite nice to take on Jobs by ourselves girls and completely dominated the playground like usual.

"Juvia is quite glad you ask her to come," the blue haired girl told me with a smile.

"Well, it's been a while since we've work together," I told her as we walked off the train that had taken us back to Magnolia, "And after all that happened in Edolas, a monster slaying job is just what the body need."

The blue haired girl laughed.

"Only you will get a stress relief from fighting monsters."

"A girl has to leave her options open," I smirked at her.

Juvia had a smile upon her face, "Juvia is surprised that you didn't ask Gajeel to come along with you."

"I would have asked him to come along," I told her, "But he seems to be on a Job for the Master, just like he had been doing since we joined."

Juvia seems surprised.

"That's odd," she said, "Juvia would have never expected the Master to chose him for something."

"I guess the Master saw something in him that the other doesn't," I told her, "Gajeel is a nice guy he just sometimes…"

"Juvia understands," Juvia told me, "We have been friends since Phantom."

I smiled at her and a cold wind blew through the area causing me to shiver a little. It was December after all, and the cold weather had been settling in quite well ever since the last wet days of November had passed. I pulled my cloak closer to my neck to protect from the cold.

"Eve is everything alright?"

I glanced at the girl, blinking in surprise.

"What?"

"You have been a little distracted lately," the girl told me, "and you also have been distracted during the fight against the monsters. If Juvia hadn't protected you with her Water Wall you would have been wounded."

"Have I?"

Juvia gave me a look.

I let out a sigh.

"Has it been that obvious?"

"It's only obvious because Juvia know you Eve," she said with a light smile.

I placed both of my hand into my pants pockets.

"I don't know where to begin," I said.

"Has it got something to do with Titania?"

I rounded toward her.

"How did you…?"

Juvia simply gave me a smile, a very familiar looking one. I suddenly remembered her giving me a smile similar to this before. It had been before we joined Fairy Tail and after the events of the Tower.

"Juvia…what was that thing you told me that you realized?"

Juvia seems surprised at me for a few moments and then, she realized what I was talking about.