Chapter 148 - End of the Second day

Chapter Cover: Eve dressed in a black kimono with RuneSave at the ready as Erza stood back to back with her with her twin blades...

I walked side by side with Erza, following the others back toward the Arena. I did feel better after spending a night sleeping and despite the battle I had gone through with Jura the previous day. But I did feel better by having Erza beside me again and by having her close to me like this, it made me realize how much I have missed her these past few months during our training for the Games.

"Are you sure you are well enough to go out there Eve?" she asked, giving me a worried look, "You are still healing from your fight."

"I'll be fine Erza, you worry too much," I smiled at her, "It's not like I am going to be fighting anymore today."

The redhead gave a light nod.

"Your fight was amazing," she said, "I never thought RuneSave could do so many things before."

I gave her a light grin.

"Me neither," I answered her, "and we will have all the time in the world to truly seat down and talk alright Erza, but for now, let's go cheer on our friends for the rest of the day."

Erza looked away from me before giving a light nod as she crossed her arms.

"You are right," she said, "We will have our talk Eve but don't strain yourself too much okay. You are still injured."

"I'm glad that you worry about me," I told her, "It reminds me…of happier times."

Erza gave me that stare and I could see it in the depths of her eyes, the trace of those same feelings that were still festering deep within me. Oh, how I wish I simply could just lean in and taste those sweet lips of hers again but…I can't do that yet, not until we've talked…not until I finally told her everything and if she still feels the same, then I will happily love her till the day I die…

"I…I'm going to the others," she said, faltering a little in her words as she turned her gaze away from me and I swore I saw a light redness on her cheeks, "I'll talk to you tonight alright."

"Sure Erza," I told her.

We separated at the crossway and I continued toward where the stand was situated.

"So something is going on between you and Titania," Carla spoke out.

I glanced down at the Exceed beside me as we walked together.

"So you caught on that as well?" I told her with a small embarrassed smile.

Carla continued to stare at me, a thoughtful look upon her face. It made me wonder again what was going on with the little Exceed since earlier today. I wondered exactly what is going on with her at the moment. While I may not be very close to the small feline, I didn't think I would have caused anything to make her this worried.

"Is everything alright Carla?" I asked her, curious.

The Exceed looked up at me and gave a small smile.

"I'm alright child," she said softly.

I nodded at her and the two of us made our way toward the stands where the rest of the Fairy Tail guild was watching the Games. I glanced toward the group and they were cheering going on around us as we entered the place. I instantly took notice of Sakura seating there looking at the area with a small smirk upon her face.

Lisanna was already there and she turned her attention toward me as I approached them. Carla had already gone to see Happy and Pantherlily where they were standing up. Sakura instantly noticed me and ran toward where I was and took me in a hug.