Chapter 36 - Ripples of Changing

"Are you sure I should be going to Fairy Tail with you?"

Erza glanced at me, with a raised eyebrow.

We were getting closer to where the guild was located, and I couldn't help but feel nervous. Just a few weeks ago, Phantom Lord was clashing against Fairy Tail in a war and now, Erza is taking me, a former Elite Phantom Lord member back at the very guild that Phantom attacked.

"Why not?"

"Well, first I was part of Phantom Lord," I told her, "Second, we destroyed your guild, and third…I don't think it's the best time to meet with your friends."

Erza paused seemingly thinking.

"Maybe you're right," she said, "I guess…I was getting a little ahead of myself."

I gave her a smile.

"Hey, don't worry," I told her with a light smirk though she can't see it, "I would have loved to meet your friends…but I not right now alright."

Erza sighed.

"I suppose that's true," she said, a small frown on her features, "But what will you do to eat?"

"Erza, I am seventeen years old," I told her, "I have made enough money from wizard work the past years and I know how to get around. I'm hardly a child."

"I don't think being a child has anything with worrying about your friend?" Erza revealed.

"Meh, probably," I told her with a shrug of my shoulders.

"So what are you going to do?" Erza asked coming to a stop in front of the construction site for the guild.

"Well firstly I am going back to Oak Town," I told her glancing at the people noticing the number of them working and placing things together, "There is a certain Dragon Slayer that get bored easily…and when he get bored, he'll probably cause some problems."

Erza had an angry look upon her face.

"I had forgotten you were partnered with him," she said.

"Erza…Gajeel is my friend whether you like it or not," I told her sternly, "He may be a little ruthless when he fights, but in his own way, he cares about me and had my back when I needed him and don't forget Phantom considered your guild their rivals…things always get nasty when rivals fight each other."

"I'm not going to forgive him for what he did," Erza told me.

"I don't need you to," I told her simply.

Then out of the corner of my eyes, I caught sight of something blue causing me to glance toward it and from the small round hat that I was seeing popping out from behind the wall..

This hat look familiar…where have I seen…

"YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME!?"

"YEAH, I GOT A PROBLEM WITH YOUR FACE!"

The both of us turned toward where the voices were coming from within and I have a pretty good idea whose they were. After all, there are only two people in Fairy Tail that break into a fight out of nothing at all.

"I swear these two," Erza said pinching the bridge of her nose.

I let out a giggle.

"Sound like someone has a lot of energy to burn," I told her.

Erza walked inside the work area in a quick, angry pace and I followed after her. Despite my earlier misgivings, I couldn't pass up the chance of seeing Gray and Natsu being well, Gray and Natsu.