Chapter 51 - Golden Abyss

NO POV

Erza was seating beside Eve's body as she stared at the young man's back standing across her. She was completely taken aback that Natsu was able to defeat Jellal but, she felt relief too. After so many years, that scar she had carried upon her back all those years feels like it had finally started to mend…

But…

She glanced down at Eve's form on the ground completely still with her eyes closed. Looking at her, Erza can feel her eyes starting to swim with tears again. Footsteps drew her attention and she looked up again toward Natsu who was walking toward her but before he could reach her, the young man tilted forward.

"Natsu," she called, getting upon her feet.

Erza quickly ran toward him and caught the young man in her arms. She kept hold of him, both of her eyes closed in relief.

"You are amazing," she whispered softly, "You really are…"

Then a strange feeling settled over her as Erza quickly opened her eyes glancing around as the lacrima around her started to glow a bright radian blue and then out of nowhere, a brilliant beam of blue light suddenly burst, followed by more beam of light crisscrossing around her…

The tower's magic is becoming unstable, she thought, All of those destruction is pushing it past the breaking point…we have to get out of here.

She place Natsu's arm over her shoulder and then was about to run until she remember something about Eve and she glanced toward where the girl was lying down. The ground where Eve was cracked and then the body slowly slid out of sight…

Eve…goodbye, she thought.

She put Natsu upon her back and then ran away with the unconscious Dragon Slayer …

Eve's body fell down the abyss of the Tower, no sign of life filled showed upon the form as it fell like a broken doll…then from her back four large golden wings grew out and enveloped the girl's form into a cocoon of feathers…

You really are…a foolish child, Nova said softly.

EVE POV

So this is…what death felt like?

There was nothing all around me…anything except me which was slowly getting filled with light and I was confused as to why after all, If I am dead…should I be…I don't know cease to exist.

"You really are…a foolish child," a woman's voice said…a very familiar voice.

As soon as the woman had spoken, the area was suddenly clear white and an empty sky was in my vision. I could also feel the soft grassy ground beneath my form. Confused, I seated up glancing around myself wondering where I was. It was large golden plains that seem to extend as far as the eye can see and as wide as the horizon.

"How long are you planning to seat down there Eve?"

I turned my attention toward the voice. There was a woman there, with long dark hair and silver eyes. She looked to be in her late thirties, with a small smile upon her features which as I observed, looked remarkably similar to mine. I slowly stood up taking in her clothes. She was dressed with shoulder plates, which shone in the golden light and a long black cape. She was also wearing boots and I can see the pointed ears which were longer than normal, as her midnight black hair danced in the wind which blew around us.

I knew her voice…but…it couldn't be…

"Nova?" I said shocked.

She smiled.