(Akabane Karma) Catch Me If You Can

Warnings: Deaths, killing, slight bloody scenes, drugging, and kidnapping. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

You stare at Gakushu's corpse. His body is lying on the bed with its sheets colored crimson from the blood pooling around his chest area where a knife is sticking from his heart. The bedroom is already reeked with the metallic scent of blood which means that he had died a few hours earlier. You go near the body and start to inspect it after wearing a pair of disposable gloves, checking its stiffness and temperature.

"Rigor mortis has already occurred. His corpse is still a bit warm, but also a bit stiff. He was probably killed at dawn. Around two or three o'clock, perhaps." You look at your watch strapped around your non dominant wrist that showed that it's already six forty-five in the morning.

You look at the lady standing beside your assistant who's trying her best to keep calm after just seeing the corpse. "Excuse me, miss? I'm afraid you're the number one suspect since you're the first one to see the body, but don't worry, you'll be cleared if you've proven your innocence."

The maid nods as you start to interrogate her about what had happened, keenly observing of any signs of lying, but the maid seemed genuine in telling the story of how she found Gakushu dead. "It was my duty to wake Gakushu-sama every morning, but when he didn't answer, I went inside after knocking and letting him know that I was going inside. I found it strange that the door was slightly ajar and the window was already open, even though Gakushu-sama made sure that everything is locked before he sleeps."

"Thank you for your cooperation. You're cleared." You informed with a friendly smile as the maid bows before making her leave.

Karma looks at you in confirmation of your decision as you reassure him that she's not the one who killed him. "The maid is crossed out of the suspect list since I'm quite sure she will be easily haunted by guilt and her conscience, plus her alibi is true."

Rapid footsteps reached your ears as you look at the entrance of the bedroom, preparing to greet the new arrival. "You're a bit late, Officer Karasuma. But it's fine since we still don't know who killed him. I'm just quite surprised by your delay."

You nod in Karasuma's direction, acknowledging his presence, then look back at your assistant next. "Karma? Can you please contact Gakushu's close friends? They might know something related to this case."

Karma did just that and after a few minutes, only Ren and Seo were able to arrive since the other two were out of the town. After sending some evidence of their claim, you deemed the two innocent after the video call you made with each of them. With regards to the other two, they had an alibi which was also supported by evidence and they were crossed out of the suspect list. You release an exasperated sigh at your fruitless search.

"Thank you for your cooperation, gentlemen." You lead the two out of the bedroom after their interrogation.

Officer Karasuma and some of his subordinates are already checking the crime scene, taking pictures of it and carefully keeping the murder weapon and taking out of the body.

"No problem, Detective Y/N. Do your best in catching the criminal."

You nod while giving a response. "I will. Until we meet again, bye."

"Detective Y/N, what details have you collected?" Karma asked, still scanning the room for any other evidence besides the murder weapon that will be scanned for any fingerprints it may contain.