(Karasuma Tadaomi) Bodyguard

Warnings: Mentions of violence and murder, possessive behavior, and kidnapping. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Walking along a dimly lit hallway with lanterns placed against the wall as the light source were three people, one lady, which is yourself, being guarded by two of your father's trusted members of his mafia. The three of you are headed to your father's office as he had something spectacular for you to see. You couldn't care less about it though, but your father insisted, saying that it's important. And so, after a few seconds of your silence filled journey, you had finally arrived in front of a dark, wooden door as the two men remain outside while you get in after someone from behind the door opens it.

"Evening, father. I presume you have something important to show me?" You take a seat on one of the single sofas placed in front of your father's desk office where different papers were scattered and you caught sight of a single pistol near his edge.

Four of his men are also inside the room, standing and alert at the corners of it. Hearing the door of the office open again, you glance towards it to see a handsome man around her age wearing a formal black suit and seems to be competent enough to handle any type of combat. You turned to your father again, already knowing why you were here.

"Father, I don't need a personal bodyguard. I can protect myself." He shakes his head in denial.

"Y/N, you're the only child of mine. It's not that I'm underestimating you, but there are bad people out there that might target you instead of myself." Your father states with finality as his hands interlocked in front of him, seriously looking at you to make his authority much clearer than before which didn't faze the young lady as you just release an annoyed sigh.

"I'm also not a child anymore, father. And besides, why hire my personal bodyguard now? Did your enemy start to make their move again?" You raise a brow, leaning against your seat while crossing your arms across your chest.

Your fierce (color) eyes meeting your own father's as if to tell him that you won't back down with his silent challenge.

"I'm afraid so, that's why you need a bodyguard whenever you want to go outside." The older man stated, glancing at the bodyguard for just a second, then averts his gaze back to his daughter.

"Why are they starting to move now? And besides, there's no danger that's going to meet me since I'm not going outside that much anyway and I'm trained to defend myself---" You release a soft groan after you blocked of the bodyguard's kick with your arm.

'Just as I thought... A test it is, then.' You push the bodyguard's leg away as you instantly position yourself to a fighting stance, observing him in alertness to what his next move will be.

He goes for a punch directly to your face, but you duck away from it, goes behind him and kicks his back. He immediately turns around and grabs a hold of your ankle as you twist your body mid air to free yourself from his grip and was deemed successful, but you landed a bit ungraceful after that with your palms, fortunately avoiding yourself from face planting to the floor.

"Don't you think it's impolite to not introduce yourself and rude to suddenly attack?" You huffed in annoyance as you wipe your clothes from any dust along with your hands against each other as you gingerly glare at the bodyguard.

"I'm Tadaomi Karasuma. Your bodyguard from now on and I apologize for my actions." He introduced himself as he lowers his head a little after he softly rubs off some creases on his suit from your small fight.

"It's fine, it's been a while that I've fought with someone with a higher set of skills than mine." You glance at your father's minions to see them looking away from your direction.

"Seeing as all of that is settled, you two may now leave my office." Her father motions for you two to shoo as you start to do as he said and once stepping outside, the door behind you closes with a lock as you hear some urgent talking inside, but couldn't quite hear what it is all about.

You shrug and walk off as your bodyguard walks beside you, looking around the hallway and seems to be awaiting something. "So, Mr. Bodyguard, do you mind answering some of my questions?"

"I'll try my best to give you some answers." Karasuma replied with a small smile stretching his lips as you nod, glad that he's cooperating.

"Do you know anything about the enemy mafia of my father? I've been asking him, but he keeps dodging the questions." You gingerly frowned as Karasuma's fists clenched tightly, but was luckily unnoticed by you.

"I heard that the leader of the mafia has an objective of getting you as he and your father had a deal that you are to be married to him when you've come of age, but your father backed out of the deal last minute."

Karasuma succeeded in maintaining a calm persona, even though he personally wanted to let the old man pay the price for being a coward towards his deal. At least everything is going according to his plan. Who would've thought that the old man is quite a fool to let him in his own mafia, let alone be his supposed to be wife's guard.

You stop in your tracks and look at him with widened eyes filled with disbelief. "Really? Why did that old man even agree to the deal in the first place? Do you---"

You were cut off by a booming quake followed by the sounds of bullets that seems to rain.

"We need to get you somewhere safe. Let's go!" Karasuma slings an arm around your shoulder and carefully leads you to the escape route of his plan where some of his own associates are waiting with his vehicle.

"What about my father? And the others?" You asked with panic and worry evident in your voice as you try to look behind you to see some remnants of the unknown explosion, different debris and scattered glass pieces scattered throughout the interior of the estate as men carrying some guns roamed the area, but turned a blind eye to you.

Karasuma opens the car door for you to get inside as he takes a seat beside you, nodding to the driver as a cue for them to get out of the place. "Your father had it coming. If he just didn't back out of the deal, he wouldn't have faced death this early."

You were surprised by his statement. "What are you...? Hey! Where are we going? Get me out of here! Let me go!"

You try to pry the car door open when it suddenly locks itself as Karasuma just softly chuckles at your attempt in which he found as quite amusing. "I'm you're soon to be husband, my darling Y/N and you're not going anywhere."

You slowly face him again and still not believing what you just heard, your mouth agape with your eyes widen in shock as you meet his gaze. "W-What...? Don't tell me... You're..."

He smiles when you finally recognized him. "Yes, I am. Your father took you away from me, but now that you're within my grasp again, I'm not letting you go."