(Chiba Ryunosuke) Nothing To Worry

Warnings: Jealousy, obsessive and possessive behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

As the night had grown deeper and most people had probably been in the depths of their own slumber, Chiba was still up and awake with his mind still being occupied with his thoughts. A correction, perhaps is that he's still reminiscing the moments he had with his close friend that being too close caused him to have felt an unknown feeling, an obsession if you may. The evidences are littered across his room, almost all of the objects immediately making him think of you once he would catch a glimpse of it. Small things such as pens, straws, and even crumples of paper that you are done using were nicely kept in one section of his room. And as unusual for him as it is, he had also kept a shrine of some sort dedicated to you as well.

Knowing you more throughout the blooming friendship you had luckily executed first, he had grown to adore every part of you as the day goes by. Along with that came his obsession, from being a tiny drop that was soon starting to overflow within himself. The recent days, his thoughts have always been plagued with your image as you are the only one he keeps thinking about. It seemed like his mind became quite playful today and decided to annoy him as it soon starts to think of the negative side. Just imagining you not liking him the same way he does with you, brings a pang of pain in his heart. Because of this, his heart and soul really could not handle with such possibility of you not loving him.

Along with that, he was reminded with the certain feature of his that he kept hidden from the others as well as from you, afraid of how you would feel about it. How would you feel once you stared right through his gaze without his bangs hiding it? He started to get worried and insecure once being reminded of such negative expression the other witnesses have. Seeing it as another possible reason for you not liking him back, it only makes him more upset. His eyes soon started to water more from its normal state, soon being overflowed with tears dripping smoothly across his cheeks. Looks like this would be another night without him getting enough sleep, hoping that tomorrow would be another good day to spend time with you.

Bullets whizzing past through the air with knives being swished along with its holder's movements are just some of the usual noises that could be heard along another training under the supervision of Karasuma-sensei. Sweat and exhaustion are already present on each student, but they were relieved upon taking small breaks in between as their teacher gave them full permission to do so. The heat coming from the sun was lessened by the puffy and elongated clouds slowly passing through, casting vast shadows underneath them. Most of them have already acquired success in terms of further building up their skills in their respective attacking or defending field, though an unfortunate individual is currently out of it.

Chiba was already positioned within the training area of his expertise, sniping. After declining Rinka and some of the others who had practiced earlier on with their invitation for him to take a break, he continued on with his task. Being in a comfortable position while trying to get the right aim of his rifle to its target, Chiba releases a small exhale and try to focus on finally hitting the target. Letting the bullet travel through the air after pulling the trigger, Chiba sighs in defeat after noticing that even his recent shot had not accurately hit the target. Just like his past trials of the said activity, he yet again almost missed all of his shots in his training. And just like last night, his thoughts are once again being flooded by a certain person he had grown to absolutely admire.

Speaking of that person, you are currently conversing with your best friend, Rio. The usual catching up on some things that had happened whenever the two of you are away from each other and just neither of you knowing what had happened to the other had soon transcended to her opening up a topic about crushes.

"So, when are you trying to make the first move on him, huh?" Rio teases, already knowing who your crush is as unknown to Chiba himself, you are also reciprocating his feelings, though probably not the same degree as he has towards you, but a crush nonetheless.

You just released a laugh at her teasing, ignoring some of her joking actions before the two of you continued on to talk about something else.

Unaware of someone that was supposed to approach you and try to take some of your time with him, Chiba had managed to hear what the two of you had talked about. Luckily, with neither you nor Rio telling a name, it remained unknown to him. This only made his mood dampen as it is from being unlucky with his practice, continuing on his way to get ready for the next period instead. Knowing of the possibility that you may have liked someone that is not him only makes him sad, further making a reason of him being out of almost everything throughout the day. Studying for the test tomorrow when Koro-sensei had given the time to do so? His focus wasn't on that. Another training? As usual, his shots almost missing its targets.

Hearing the class bell ringing that indicates the end of the last class, Chiba mentally sighs in relief before he was soon feeling immense nervous for it. He was filled with determination and motivation earlier to finally confess to you when the two of you are the only ones together, not wanting for any interruption from others. But being with you alone while being assigned with the cleaning duty, he was soon slowly filled with the said emotion. Doing the tasks that you two divided to finish up quickly with cleaning along with some conversations here and there that greatly lighten up his mood, you two soon headed down the mountain after bidding goodbye to Koro-sensei, who is the other companion you two had.

Reaching a secluded area along the path down the mountain where the two of are already close at the base of it, you stopped in your tracks upon hearing him quietly calling out to you. Turning on your heel to face him, you approached him with a questioning look. It was silent for a few seconds with you awaiting what he was about to say, the chirping of the birds could be heard from afar along with the wind that ruffles the leaves of the trees. Chiba found security and reassurance by gripping the strap of his school bag, hiding away his blushing by looking to the side. After releasing a small utterance of a stutter of his first word, he was soon able to ask you with quite the minimal volume, but because of the silence you, still heard it.

"I-I have... grown to like you so much, Y/N. I am now... confessing my admiration towards you. Hoping that you reciprocate them as well. Could I be your boyfriend... instead of just being a friend?" Was his utterances, as calm and quiet as a still water.

Chiba only grew more nervous and worried upon seeing you lowering your head and getting quiet, waiting anxiously for your answer. He was filled with relief and happiness upon hearing you answering a yes, instinctively giving you a hug as you immediately hid your own reddened face on his shoulder. It would have seemed that he had now nothing to worry about, seeing as you will be known as his to the others as well soon enough.

The next day seemed to be the most positive one Chiba had, reflecting his bright mood as he walked alongside you with happy smiles on each of your features. He could only hope that such amazing day would continue on in the future with him spending it most with you. Noticing that there are already other classmates and the teachers within the vicinity, Chiba proceeded to hold your pinkie with his from having both of your hands intertwined whenever you are the only ones around during the journey towards the satellite campus. Such closeness between the two of you are already being speculated by some, but letting you two be and keeping the questions of curiosity to themselves.

Both you and he didn't do too much public display of affection, but it was enough for Rio to ask you what is going on. It was unusual and surprising for her to see the you having your head resting on Chiba's shoulder in quite an affectionate manner when she decided to do her interrogation. Finding this as an opportunity, he had given you permission to reveal your new relationship with him with Rio immediately congratulating the both of you. Running off to tell another good friend of hers, Rio spilled the beans to Karma and knowing the two, the news will spread like wildfire. He lets both Rio and Karma be, knowing that it would benefit him as well to let the others know that you are his.