(Asano Gakushu) Determined Reassurance

Warnings: Manipulation, subtle violence, obsessive and possessive behaviors, and threat. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was the first out of the two weekends, giving way of relief to a workload week you had endured during the school hours. Not only were you being burdened with the school works that are more than the considerate amount you could handle, but problems connected with your relationship are also present. Not the relationship itself, no. It's from the people in your school, mostly from your classmates, that grown some spite and disagreement with it. In their view, you are not deserving to be the lover of the best student of the school, who is none other than Asano Gakushu himself, being left unaware of this all.

The threats are only one of the factors for your hesitance to reveal such information to your boyfriend with the other are for him not to be worried or be burdened with your problem and for him to maintain his good image to the others. Though the main target of it is you having second thoughts with being with him as you soon slowly started to succumb to giving in, completely being so currently. You subtly sighed in relief once the meal was done and it was time for the two of you to go home with him wanting to escort you. Remaining the little good mood you have, you accepted his invitation before the two of you soon left.

Even as you are on your date with him, such negative thoughts further lowered your self esteem that caused you to finally reach the decision to break it off, to be completely affected by those who deemed you unworthy of his love. You soon found the opportunity to share the information with him with quite hesitance.

Seated in the back passenger seat beside him within his family owned vehicle, you revealed. "I'm really sorry, but I just want to let you know that we should take a break from being together. I hope you understand... and I'm sorry again since I won't be telling you why. We should focus on our studies, you know?"

Gakushu's jovial mood immediately turned to be the opposite as he frowned before gently taking your hands with his own as he asks in return. "Did someone threaten you to break up with me? I'll make sure they'll pay, Y/N. You don't have to do this, you're perfect to me, okay?"

Your determination to cut off your relationship let the unfamiliarity of his behavior be unnoticed as you persuade him. "It's not that... I really am sorry, but I think that it's not working out well between the two of us. Things have been busy and all, and besides, we still have some other things much more important to worry about."

Even such a familiar task as breathing seemed to be difficult upon hearing you insisting to break up with him, forcing himself to hold back the tears and masking his pain with a fake smile still.

Sighing in defeat, he solemnly places a kiss on the back of your hand while gently letting his thumb caress it afterwards as the two of you soon reached your abode. "If that's what you want... I really can't change your decision, can I? But just to inform you, Y/N, I won't easily give up and I'll get to the bottom of this. If this is all done, be back with me?"

You nodded with tear filled eyes to his question, thanking him greatly. Opening the car door on your side after unbuckling your seatbelt, you bid him farewell as Gakushu lets you enter your abode by yourself, not letting himself be by your side as he is sure that he would not be able to let you go if he did so. He respected your decision, but that doesn't mean he would not try to have you back again. Seeing you safely entering your abode, the vehicle drives off once more.