(Akabane Karma) Best Decision

Warnings: Subtle manipulation and violence, mentions of possessive, obsessive, and overprotective behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Despite the library being devoid of any other person other than yourself, it has not brought you any discomfort, but instead quite the opposite. The silence was incomplete, being accompanied by the occasional movement of the foliage just right outside the secluded part of the castle along with the soundings of the still awakened animals nearby as well. Your enjoyment of the natural companion abruptly halted when you remembered the saddening reason of your visit that would soon be the last. Swiftly making your way around a corner, you proceeded to stop before gently placing back a book on its rightful place.

Just as you are about to resume back to the entrance to leave the room, a loud thud startled you before you alarmingly face where it might have come from. Despite his head being lowered, his stature and overall figure had been awfully familiar to you that made you immediately know who it was.

Recovering from confusion and shock, you curtsied before the royal while exclaiming. "Y-Young highness, it's a surprise to meet you this time of day. What are you doing here? It's already time for you to get some rest."

Taking careful strides towards you, Karma proceeded to order for you to face him once more. Your eyes widen in surprise and alarm upon noticing something unnerving about him. Despite the lack of proper illumination, the small lantern that you had with you along with the subtle moonlight that managed to seep through the partially covered windows of the library caused you to view enough of the unusual smoke that seemed to emit from your only companion.

Finally facing you as well, Karma subtly tilts his head with a mild grin as he asks. "Are you really leaving, Y/N?"

Not being to answer him verbally caused by being frozen from fear, a subtle nod of response caused him to finally break. His eyes eerily glowed a blazing yellow before you're met with darkness. Your nearest source of light suddenly had a diminishing glow after you had suddenly knocked it out of your grasp from shielding yourself away from his outburst. The unknown source of wind within the area came from his actions, causing the nearby bookcases to stumble and fall.

Some of the books opened and its pages being torn with its sounds being overpowered with the thudding of many other objects within the library. The final creak of the door opening and with it soon being separated from its hinges was the final noise before it was soon quiet. It seemed as the chaos was greatly heard throughout a majority of the remaining people within the castle. Both the royal highnesses soon made their entrance within the wrecked room, ignoring the mess and immediately inquired you about your well-being.

Wiping away the sweat and tears, you determinedly responded that you are fine, being surprised when the queen suddenly cries out. "Y/N, please. Stop him before it's too late. Agree to his deal in return for everyone's safety, please. You have always been our only hope from the moment that we see that he's behaving around you differently than others."

Feeling sympathy of her desperation that seemed to explain the hesitation she had earlier when you asked for your resignation to be Karma's tutor, despite the two of you in the same age, you instead diverted the topic. "What... what was the reason of it?"

Despite the lack of proper definition of your inquiry, they understood what you are referring to as the king solemnly answers. "We think that it might have been connected with your resignation. Karma had grown very fond of you that he could not bear you leaving him. He's conflicted with himself that made him vulnerable with the darkness that lie beneath him."

The conversation was interrupted by a series of loud screaming caused by the ruckus the enraged prince made on the other parts of the castle. Despite feeling fear of facing what he had become that greatly is far from who he is, you were overpowered with determination. In a haste, you immediately asked what could be done for him to stop from further making a rampage that would destroy many others and would possibly cause injury and death to his subjects. Glancing at each other, both the king and queen silently communicated, not wanting for you to be forced into doing the only solution for the problem to be solved. 

You immediately dashed through the messy corridors, apologetically glancing at the injured maids and knights you managed to pass by. It only further fueled the flame of determination for you to stop Karma from bringing destruction to the kingdom before the king and queen would need to resort to a vicious method just for him to stop. Just thinking about how they would do to their own son brought a shiver, not wanting for your dearest friend to be in such situation anymore. Knowing that your freedom will be the only thing to be sacrificed, you easily decided to give it up if it means for him to be okay again.

You further pushed yourself forward upon seeing his figure from a distance, loudly calling out his name and pleading for him to hear you out. He only ignored your pleas in response, on his way towards the closed entrance of the castle and would want to wreck havoc to the village instead to satisfy his anger, not wanting for it to be directed to you. Having assumption of such, you felt hopeful with your plan to stop him. Managing to catch up to him, you carefully think of a way to halt his actions. You desperately gripped at the end of his torn cape, pulling it to get his attention and to try to not let him take a step forward. 

Noticing that he seemed to not continue his advances, you immediately scream out with all your might not only for him to hear, but for him to bring back in his right state of mind. "K-Karma! Please, stop this! I won't leave you! I'll stay with you for how long it takes, just please, calm down! You're scaring many people and had already hurt them, including me, but please, we can still make this right!"

You unconsciously make a careful approach, wrapping your arm around him from behind in a gentle and reassuring embrace as you felt him slowly shift back to his normal figure while hearing him sniffle. You're left contemplating whether or not the best decision other had deemed your choice to be is mutual for your case, but being reassured with the safety of the majority of the kingdom as well as Karma's own left you selfless.

Seeing his vulnerable state only made your tears of understanding finally reveal, reflecting his own as he faced you. "You... won't leave, right? Don't leave me alone again, Y/N. Please..."

You softly whisper your response to not leave him, making him feel elated as he now embraces you first, making you unaware of the darkness that subtly showed for a moment where he smirked in triumph. Having you in his arms made him all the more relieved and feeling successful with his plan, leaving you to not back out with your statement after knowing what he could do without having you by his side.

It was true that he had gone overboard with what he had felt, but what all of you didn't know is that he and his own darkness are working together. After all, they are the same person with much difference, but still one. Everything was his plan to make you stay and to let you witness his inhumane power in which you would be left with no choice, but to make the greatest sacrifice of giving up your freedom.