(Maehara Hiroto) Unknown Efforts

Warnings: Jealousy, overprotective and possessive behavior, and mentions of manipulation. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

As the night grows deeper, so is Maehara's worries for your well-being, growing anxious as every minute ticks by as he knows that you are with the others probably risking your lives for the sake of saving his and the others who were infected. The vacation that should've brought relaxation and enjoyment to the class had turned to a darker route when a mysterious man had inflicted danger towards the students of his supposed target and unfortunately, Maehara was among them, but he deemed you and your companions in more danger than them. Was it because he was anxious that he thought it was the case? Probably. Because of that, he wanted to ask some confirmation.

"Okuda-san... Takebayashi-kun... Are the others here? Is Y/N... alright?" Maehara weakly uttered, speaking with all the strength he could muster as Okuda looked at Takebayashi as if silently asking for an answer she herself was unsure of, but when Takebayashi gave a confirming nod, Okuda was relieved before facing Maehara again.

As Okuda changes the towel placed on Maehara's forehead before letting him be more comfortable in his lying position, she finally brought good news to Maehara's question that he had asked many times before. "Ritsu had informed us that they were successful and we don't need to worry about the infection anymore since it's not that fatal. I'm sure that Y/N is also fine along with the others."

Maehara was slightly relieved to hear her reassuring words, already starting to feel sleepy again before he finally let himself be succumbed to his tiredness after he had been fighting it off just to ensure that he would be able to hear about you being alright. He soon found himself awoken in quite a better method than when he did the last time he got ill, hearing murmurs from the others, but one particular voice stands out the most that made him completely relieved and glad. Seeing you seated beside him, waiting for him to wake up while you talked with Kayano and Isogai about his good condition it seems made him feel even better. Just by knowing that you're fine and beside him again had eased all of his worries.

But when his worries subsided, it was replaced with guilt and regret as the days have gone by since the incident, thinking how he could've avoided being infected by not indulging to his thirst and he would be able to be there by your side while you and the others would fight against the one behind the mess. Even if it just happened a week ago, he felt that it was just yesterday. A past in which he can't imagine living the future without you if you had already proven that you're alright, leading to the victory of the class. He knew that it's all in the past, but he couldn't help remember it again when some of his classmates started to talk about their experiences with that current moment, making his mind drift off back to it too.

Because of this, something part of him starts to have quite sinister thoughts, but of course, being blinded by the want and even need to protect, to show his love, and be with you most of the times to ensure your safety that way, he really didn't think of his next actions to be described like that. With that thought in mind, he decided to start as soon as possible, looking towards you and his mood was dampened when he sees you talking with someone else and even if it was his best pal, he still felt jealous with your interaction that made him abruptly stand up, but his approach was stopped when Kataoka calls out for everyone about an activity that was requested for them to do by Karasuma-sensei as he was still busy with something.