(Akabane Karma and Isogai Yuma) Worthy

Warnings: Death, mentions of violence and bloody scenes, obsessive and possessive behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The vehicle was closely approaching the engagement venue, its glamorous features outshining the others that it easily passed by. Even though still being new with his new lifestyle, Isogai was able to adjust quite well with being in a very opposite state of living he had when he was just a teenager, but there are many things about him that haven't changed yet. Some known characteristics and skills of his remained, though it would be quite correct to state that it had improved over the years. It just shows that he's more capable and valid to be the one you're supposed to spend your entire life with.

Such weak self of his in the past failed inevitably in keeping you all to himself, leaving him on the verge of his death by the known mischievous and sadistic classmate of his. But now that he'll finally be on par with your supposed to be husband soon, such title that didn't fit of another man but him, as not only did he have a rich status financially, but he also had recently become the head of a Yakuza. Knowing that you and even Karma are also under and running the same kind of organization surprised him, giving evidence of how much all three of you had changed through the years.

Anticipating how the mind of the head of your own Yakuza works, which is currently your father, only made him even more determined and confident to show how much he is more valid to be your partner in life and not another. It would be quite the bloody and violent scenario that would soon commence as soon as he reveals his objective. Seeing that most of the staff of the Yakuza had already known him, they let him enter the property which was one of your family's mansions where the engagement would soon start. Such earliness of having guests caused some to be confused, but they let him be, knowing that such connections of your father are really vast.

Some of his loyal subordinates followed closely behind him, being alert within a new territory despite the fact that their own organization is much higher in standing than yours, tying up with Karma's that made it all the more challenging as well as simple to acquire such favor from your father. Challenging as he knows Karma won't easily back down and simple as he knows he also holds equal power as him.

With a family staff opening the doors of the mansion, he was soon greeted with a surprised face of your father, laughing in delight before gesturing for him to enter as he exclaims. "What brings the current head of the Mizukio organization right in front of my doorstep? Come in! Though you're really early for a celebration later on!"

Stepping inside only revealed such extravagance the mansion holds much more than the outside, but Isogai didn't let himself be distracted as he soon utters. "I'm actually not here for it, but to ask your permission instead. I would like to also have Y/N's hand in marriage. I am certain that I deserve Y/N much more than... Akabane."

Such request caused the others nearby to stop with their tasks as the man in front of him was taken aback as well. Despite such emotion he had visibly shown, Isogai was still confident before he was soon surprised by the laughter coming from the elder man before he soon pat his shoulder a few times as he composes himself before he responds.

"My boy! You're quite courageous to just barge in and say such things! I like that. But, of course, it seems like you know where this is heading to? You can't just easily take Y/N away from the current supposed to be betrothed, you know? Not without a fight to death, that is!" A dangerous gleam of amusement and excitement caused from what he had revealed is present in his familiar (color) eyes.

Isogai fearlessly meets his gaze as he answered with a cunning smile. "I know and I'm prepared for such happenings."

The elder individual grinned, clapping his hands together as he announces. "If so, then let it all begin! Karma, you may now reveal yourself. Support from any other people are prohibited and the winner will only be declared if his competitor is completely eliminated and no war between the two organizations would commence since both leaders have volunteered to have a battle until death! This would be a spectacular sight to see! Entertaining, I may say."

Seeing as the mansion seemed to be deserted despite the celebration they are supposed to be busying about, you proceeded to follow the loud noises that is obviously caused by your father.

Arriving at the right location of the mansion, your attention was firstly occupied by your father who excitedly greeted you. "Y/N! Right on time! Join me in watching such fight dedicated for you."

You raised a brow, confused with what he was talking about, but soon got an answer when he gestured to the makeshift battle arena of some sort right at the entrance of the mansion. How did it even appear to be such a location left you baffled, being more surprised to see a familiar face of your close friend and ex lover as well. The elder individual guided you to take a seat in an area where the two of you could get a clear and good view with the ongoing battle.

Everyone within the vicinity focused their attention to it as well, leaving them in anticipation with who's going to win or lose. You scowled, not quite a fan of it as you ordered for the two to stop, but a glare from your father quieted your displeasure.

"You have no say about such things, Y/N. I know you know that, so just sit back and enjoy the spectacle. You'll enjoy some time with your soon to be husband later on after it. Look! He's close to landing a critical hit!" He pointed out as he seemed to be in a light mood again, referring to when Karma was close to literally slicing off Isogai's head that the latter still managed to luckily deflect with his own dagger.

Wanting for it to not be an easy fight and purposefully wanting it to be a bloody one, despite the fact that they will need to clean up soon, your father had let the two acquire each similar daggers to be fair. You looked back at the fight, siding up with no one and leaving only regret and guilt with what the two had reached upon. Isogai gained much courage and determination after managing to glance at you for a split second, narrowing his gaze in concentration before he lunges towards his enemy to make his own attack. Karma just grinned, seeming to look down upon him before easily deflecting his attack that was directed to stabbing his chest.

Karma tried to land a punch at Isogai's abdomen, but the target blocked it with both of his forearms, proceeding to swing his knife dangerously close to the former attacker's face. Back and forth, the two seemed to be at the same level when it comes to combat skills, but it wasn't the case soon after. With one mistake of the other leaves a guaranteed victory for the remaining as more blood soon spilled from the unfortunate soon to be corpse. Such horrifying scene was quite a regular one to you, leaving you unfazed, but still quite affected by the death of the defeated individual.

Knowing that there is no point grieving about it as everyone as well will move on and accept such outcome, you decided to forget any attachments you had with him. You soon followed after your father, leading to approach the winner that is still quite covered with the blood of his opponent with its owner lying lifeless at a corner as a sign of his victory. The winner is still currently regaining his stamina and breathing from all efforts he had exerted, but by seeing your approaching form that was subtly covered with your father's figure, it seemed like he had been charged up with enough energy again. Yes, such price was soon going to be within his grasp.

"You have proven yourself worthy of Y/N! Congratulations to you, my boy! Such celebration would be much grander soon as more preparations are needed to be done!" Your father happily exclaimed, having entertained enough with the events prior and even left in awe of such spectacle.

Gently placing a hand on the surviving individual and ignoring the bloody mess he left behind and the anguish of those who siding on with the defeated, he was soon brought closer to you. The victor couldn't care less of such things, mind being boggled by the fact of having you again to himself right after he had proven that he is worthy.