(Nakamura Rio) Major Change

Warnings: Subtle jealousy, minimal threat, subtle manipulation, possessive and obsessive behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

You sighed, letting yourself be calmed down by the satisfying richness and aroma of your tea as you indulge your sight with the beauty of the city below. The message that you had read minutes prior from your friend that informed you of her sudden visit seemed to have something more than her checking up on you. Couldn't pinpoint what caused your unknown distress and mainly the reason behind it, you waited anxiously of Rio's arrival. As a means of letting yourself be distracted, you observed the different passersby near the area you are spectating. A few minutes later and after you had already finished your tea, Rio had soon arrived.

Already knowing where you had lived as she had made visits prior this one, though not having the same effect as now, it was enough for her to navigate her way throughout the bustling streets of the city. Her pace was fastened than her regular ones, giddy and anxious as well with her main objective. Her features held radiance of genuine happiness as a grin resulted in this, immediately attracting some of the citizens, but she already had her mind and affections to focus on. A bouquet of your favorite flowers/A stuffed toy of your favorite animal along with a sweet treat for you to share later on was being brought by her as well.

Stopping just in front of the door of your apartment at the right time before she could plant her face on its wooden surface, she adjusts the objects she carries to let herself notify you of your presence by a knock on the door. Gently placing the cup on its saucer, you ensured that you're well presented by looking through the mirror you had managed to pass through before you soon let your visitor inside. Seeing as she's currently occupied with presents for you, Rio was unable to greet you with a hug that she thoroughly wants to do, letting herself be satisfied with the smile you presented only to her, another reason for her to fall in love with you.

"For you, lovely!" Rio excitedly exclaimed, carefully handing out the presents to you while you respond back words of gratitude, still getting caught off guard, in a positive way, with the presents she mostly give to you as of late.

As you place down the bouquet/stuffed toy on a nearby vacant area, Rio volunteered to lock the door herself, not wanting to be intruded as the two of you would have quite an important conversation later on. You led the way back towards the table where you had occupied yourself earlier on, bringing along with you the treats from your guest before you gestured for her to take a seat.

With such care and kindness, Rio was once again left flustered, but contented nonetheless with the attention you solely presented to her. Refilling your cup with tea right after ensuring that she would be satisfied with her own drink and treats, you then proceeded to sit back down. The entire time you could feel her gaze looming over your figure, but the tension soon dissipated as she joyously started a conversation. Because of this, you soon let yourself be comfortable again while dropping a remark or two with a funny story of hers. Smiles, giggles and the occasional fits of laughter filled the vicinity along with the talking.

Just as you thought that the negative feeling you had felt earlier on was nothing, you were once again surprised, though not in a pleasant way as before.

"I love you, Y/N." Rio suddenly blurted out, leaving you in disbelief as you had not anticipated for her to say such things and that you are really not ready for a romantic relationship between you two would occur.

You're satisfied to have her as a close friend, but Rio further pressed on with a reassuring smile. "I know it might have been a surprise and I'm willing to wait for your mutual response, but I'm just afraid that someone might confess their love before me, so I decided to just tell you today."

Though really disliking the idea of rejecting her and might cause your friendship to bend, you really didn't want to force yourself and be in a one sided relationship with her.

It only seemed to be more cruel than rejecting, so with a heavy heart, you solemnly uttered your response. "Rio... I'm really sorry, but you don't need to wait for me to feel the same since... I don't think I would sooner or anytime really."

You glanced away, avoiding her dejected gaze and downturned smile. Taking a sip of your tea before consuming a piece of your own treat, you proceeded to compliment the savory taste that compliments your drink.

You are definitely trying to avoid the topic and undeniably, the rejection you had bluntly presented to her hurt. You want a distraction from her confession? A distraction it is then. As Rio agreed and decided to go along with your conversation, she had already sent a message as a cue for her back up plan to commence. You excused yourself, accepting the call after letting you have a momentary privacy as Rio hides her smirk behind drinking her own tea.

"What was that call about?" She asked in feign concern, placing her cup on the table.

You stuttered out an answer, trembling hands managing to grip securely to your device. "I... (Chosen character's name)..."

"Is being held hostage?" She continued, making you made a sudden realization.

Your trembling that was caused by fear had soon been exchanged with anger and confusion, desperate for an answer, but decided to try to make the situation to take a better turn.

Though perhaps it was just caused by hoping that your dear friend was still there and not the one that seemed heartless with the secret action she had executed as you plead. "How... Rio, please... Everything was fine between us. Don't ruin it. Let's forget this ever happened and resume back to just having a very good relationship as friends, please."

Carefully approaching where you're standing, you watched each of her steps with slowly blurring eyes caused by the tears building up.

You were still shaken up by the news being brought to you earlier that you didn't manage to free yourself from her securing grip on each of your shoulders as she softly mutters. "Y/N, can't you see we're inseparable? Aren't you scared that the two of us won't be together any longer? Cause I do. Thinking of the big possibility that you'll be stolen from me or seeing you fall in love with someone else hurts."

Having a glance, you were subtly moved with her sincerity, ignoring the unknown gleam in her eyes, but still wary.

"There's really no getting out of it, huh?" You weakly responded, glancing away as you had known your answer is clear for her.

Rio softly grinned, caressing your cheek before letting you face her again before she replies. "I'm afraid there's no other answer and you know that I am stubborn as it is."

Reminding yourself that you're doing this not only for the hostage's sake, but for the others that would possibly be hurt if you don't, you've managed to state with courage. "I don't care if my forced decision would make you more delusional as it is, but remember that I would never love you to the same degree as you do to me. Such love is absurd and crazy, but believe what you want to believe."

Rio smiled, definitely different from the usual carefree state she always shows as this held a hint of delusion as she sighed in content.

Placing a gentle kiss on your forehead, she soon utters while gently wiping away your tears of anger. "I definitely will! And I would also do my very best to make sure that you'll learn to love me. Soon enough."

Even through the major change she had gone through, at the very least, she was still caring enough to not let you be too much comfortable with her physical affections. Though you're not quite sure with her limitations, making you all the more reminded with the risk you were once again being forced to take.