(Sakakibara Ren) Being Serious

Warnings: Possessive behavior, slightly bloody scene, mentions of corpses and gore, and kidnapping. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Was that your fortieth or forty-first this month? You really are good at breaking your own record each month, eh?" You asked the person approaching you without looking away from your phone, already knowing who it is since you have been waiting for his arrival for the last nine minutes.

Finishing whatever you're doing with your device, you put it back in your pocket before finally facing your friend who's giving a small grin at you, followed by a wave as a greeting and kind of a simple apology for his delay and you just nod to know that you acknowledged it before giving a glance to the squealing and probably blushing person walking away from the two of you.

Ren softly chuckled, patting your shoulder while he's doing so before he shakes his head. "Those numbers are too much, Y/N. She was just my twentieth."

You let your gaze wander off to the scenery around you, finding yourself to be out of reality for a moment and returning your attention back to him afterwards, stepping away and starting to make your way to your house with Ren following closely behind. "Half... Still, many. That really proves that you really are a player, Ren. We're already studying in university, but it seemed like you haven't changed your ways, yet. You're still the same player as you are back in junior high, if not you only just got worse."

"Trust me, I'll be serious when the right person enters my life. I will shower them with my utmost love and affection. Always reminding them of my everlasting love from the moment I realized my true feelings for the lucky person." Ren stated while making some gestures as you just shake your head, already hearing the same statements countless of times.

It had been a routine for him to walk you home, courtesy of him just being a nice friend to you, while you accepted it since as much as you weren't so fond of his activities of always flirting and changing whoever had become a victim to his charms, you couldn't deny that his company is quite enjoyable most of the times.

"I didn't hear anything." You joked, covering your ears as you stumbled a bit when an added weight was put around your shoulders, which revealed to be just an arm of his as he feign a hurt expression while placing his other hand on his heart.

"Y/N, don't be like that. Support your best friend here, will you? Enough of my love life, how about we talk about yours? Is there a lucky individual that had caught your attention that seems very hard to do?" He asked, moving both of his eyebrows in sync in an up and down motion while giving you a teasing grin.

You sigh, shaking your head as an answer that unintentionally made him relieved as he wondered whatever the reason behind his relief, but before he could contemplate about it, he was snapped out of it when he heard you speak again. "You know I'm focusing myself in my studies. And besides, all of that will arrive at the right time that will probably the same with yours... I hope."

Ren stops walking, blocking your way that also made you halt in your steps to not bump into him before he points out to you, happily exclaiming as he did so. "See? You really still do care about me!"

You deadpan, getting nervous for a second of his sudden action, but then softly chuckled at his happiness and finding it quite amusing before you place a hand on his shoulder that unknowingly sent a spark through him as his eyes widen in surprise, staring at your oblivious form with his mouth slightly agape.