(Akabane Karma) Getting Worse

Warnings: Manipulation, subtle threat, overprotective and possessive behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Having enough of your ringtone ringing for what seemed to be the hundredth time at the current hour, you decided to finally accept the call form your husband in which you had already done an hour prior. The conversation earlier was just a simple one with him asking what you are currently doing, ensuring that you are not lying as unknown to you, he's observing your actions inside his office. Knowing the small consequence of your action, you have prepared yourself for a scolding from him just like what he had given to you yesterday about accepting his call on time, but what greeted you undeniably caused you to be mildly concerned.

"Y/N! What took you so long?! Do you know how many times I have been calling you for the past hour?! I was worried! What happened?!" His angered tone what greeted you immediately before you could speak first, proving that you really are in deep trouble for just not answering his phone call much earlier on.

Finding his behavior absurd, you forced yourself to remain calm before further making him angered by a snarky remark and with a gentle tone to let himself be relieved, you proceeded to answer while pacing around the room. "I got too absorbed by the book I'm reading. The one you gifted me. Do you remember it?"

Remaining his gaze on a computer panel within his current office and ignoring the muffled conversations of his co-workers nearby, he subtly sighs in relief upon knowing that you did not try to lie. Knowing about this, he mildly lets himself be calm and proceeded to bid you goodbye after informing you of his early arrival, not being able to wait any longer to be by your side. A personal conversation about how you spent your day despite him knowing through observing you from the hidden cameras all around the abode seemed like a very much better deal than spending his time furthermore in his bland office.

Arriving at his destination, he immediately makes his way to the last room he had seen you are staying at, being eager for your presence. Gently opening the door, he takes a cautious peek inside to know what you are doing. You were remaining engrossed with the book that he had gifted you, making him ecstatic by the appreciation you silently showed through it. He smiled fondly at your peaceful features, remaining unaware that he had already arrived. You mildly screamed when someone suddenly hugged you from behind when you proceeded to stand up. Hearing his voice, you were relieved to know that it was just him.

Forgetting the subtle conflict you two had earlier, you returned his embrace after facing him, getting excited to start with your story telling when he asked for it. His grip unknowingly tightened, but you didn't seem to mind, proceeding to share some of the interesting happenings you had experienced while he was gone. Everything was good about it until you had mentioned going outside without asking permission before you soon apologized to him about it. What you didn't know is that it's just a start of his subtle change of behavior that would soon bloom more as much as his limit would reach its peak.

The last straw had finally arrived sooner than you expected. It was just a simple act of kindness, but your husband seemed to make a big deal out of it. You had once again forgotten to ask permission from him to help a staff in getting some needed ingredients from a nearby market since he was also still asleep, and you did not want to wake him up quite early when it's clear that he's still exhausted and needed rest. Once you arrived back to the estate, his fuming figure greeted you that made the staff immediately escape after you requested her to do so. Karma instantly drags you back inside.

You pleaded for the others to not get involved with your mistake, apologizing profusely with the trouble you had caused to him. Still deeming them useful to keep you from being alone too much but reminding himself to let them know of their limitations instead, Karma proceeded to call out to all of the staff. Despite being confused with the sudden order for them to gather, each staff followed, not wanting to make him more upset than he currently clearly is. He immediately ordered that all windows will be covered, and the doors must remain locked unless anyone wish to go outside will have his permission to do so.

Being left disbelief with his absurd orders that was clearly too much, you quickly faced your husband before expressing your distress, knowing fully well the cause of such strict measures. "Karma! What are you doing?! You can't just shut me out from the world, can you?!"

Karma simply scoffed in response, assuming that you would still make the same mistake for the third time and with a forced smile, he makes a sarcastic response. "I already did and if you want the staff to remain your company, but not too much, I suggest you keep your mouth shut and remain obedient."

Noticing that you are about to respond, he beat you to it. "If you want things to possibly get better, follow my order and remain in our bedroom for the time being. Behave well and just stay there until I'll cool off."

His icy glare caused the words of disagreement to never slip past your lips, remaining known by yourself as you meekly nodded in response to his words. Such coldness and the discovery of his possessive nature made you immediately want to not be with him currently as you soon made your leave. With every ounce of his being, Karma stops himself from catching up to you, reminding himself that you needed the punishment for angering him.

Retreating towards your shared bedroom, you remained strong and hopeful that he would slowly revert to the lovable person you viewed him as that caused you to fall in love with him. Undeniably, having hopeful thoughts was accompanied with negativity about how your situation might remain and even probably get worse as the time pass by. But it's not like you can escape from such possessive behavior of your beloved husband. After all, you're bound by him and to never leave him as long as you live, leaving you no choice, but to adapt and accept the situation of him being possessive over you getting worse.