(Reaper 1.0) Unfortunate Fate

Warnings: Mentions of threat, subtle manipulation, obsessive, possessive, and overprotective behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just as you were about to head back to your temporary place along with your kind companion, your step faltered upon hearing a nearby conversation of two ladies. "Have you heard the news? The prince from the neighboring kingdom is in search of his beloved, whom he had thought might have lost way here in our village."

One started with the other, intriguing their conversational partner and luckily with their focus solely pinned on the conversation made them unaware of your frozen state. Aguri could only gingerly frown before carefully guiding you back to your shared abode still in a normal pace.

You forced yourself to act normal throughout the journey surrounded by most villagers, afraid to get caught to those who are hungry for the prize money to anyone who can find you. You're unsure whether or not they knew what you look like, but that is not of your concern at the moment and only the fleeing from this village is. Though you were subtly relieved upon knowing that the one the prince is searching for only known by a name in which you have is different for the other villagers, making you safe temporarily. Almost reaching Aguri's simple house, the two of you soon fastened the pace after ensuring that no one is around.

Once within the house, you immediately speed walked towards your room where your travelling equipment has been prepared well. Your short stay was enough for you to get close to both Aguri and her sister, causing your leave to be quite emotional, but it needed to be done.

Ensuring that everything is complete, you prepared a sack of coins while informing your friend. "Aguri, here's a repayment for your kindness. It is now my turn to once again flee and be on my own. Please, don't hesitate to do anything that would make you safe, even if it means revealing to him the truth. I could only hope that by that time, I am already away."

The goodbyes and words of gratitude to her and her sister were quick, not having enough time to do a proper one as Aguri and Akari could only wish you good luck on your journey. Reassuring them with a smile, you soon made your leave as fast as you can without catching any attention. Sprinting quick, but still carefully, you did so after exiting the abode through the back entrance where you are certain no one would notice your absence. You focused your gaze at the greenery ahead of you, being alert with anything that could be a hindrance. As you made your way deep within the forest, your mind still left worrying about Akari and Aguri.

Speaking of, Aguri is currently having quite a pressuring conversation with the prince while Akari proceeded to prepare some snacks for later on. Her big sister seemed to be handling it well based on her still calm and collected features.

Despite the soft smile on the maiden's blooming face, the prince did not fall for the kind act she had before strictly revealing her his objective. "I heard the rumors of a foreign individual staying in your abode. Were those true? Lying will get you nowhere and would certainly lead to a threatening punishment."

Despite his clothing being not so extravagant, his posture and stern tone held evidence of being a prince. The heaviness of his threat still stands, further proving him worthy of his title that would soon be made powerful. Despite this, Aguri remained unfazed, smiling softly before giving him a response in which she's certain he would not doubt as a lie.