(Shiota Nagisa) Unexpected Turn

Warning: Obsessive behavior. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

You skimmed through your old files or more specific, old notes from last school year where you deemed it to be useful for your neighbor. Caused by the easygoing nature of his, you have grown quite close with Nagisa whom was not only your neighbor, but your junior as well. Just like your current action of searching through the past notes of yours, you start to reminisce the time in which you had thought that your friendship with him had almost reached a critical level. You've never thought that he would have a romantic interest towards you, but he surprisingly did as he confessed to you about it soon enough.

You were unsure why you suddenly thought of such memory currently, going with the flow while it luckily did not make you halt with your searching as you were soon successful. Just in time for you to finally find two still well conditioned notebooks, you felt relieved after knowing that his confession did not hinder between your friendship. You really didn't see him at the same level he sees you, preferring for the two of you to remain as friends as you were relieved to know that he understands your decision. He accepted your response, having a mutual understanding together that the two of you would remain as good friends.

Zipping up your bag where you had already made sure that everything you need are kept securely inside of it, you soon snapped out of your small memory trip before informing your household companion about your whereabouts. Almost being an adult and knowing that you're responsible enough with whatever errand you would make, you received a response for you to be careful still along with the lines of being home on time as well. You give a lighthearted response, receiving a scolding in a joking manner before you soon make your final preparation for your leave by putting on your footwear.

Opening the door of your apartment, the gentle breeze of the nearing evening greeted your form. You let it peacefully sweep away the stress that you experienced from the past school days that seemed to be filled with school works currently. Though this week, it seemed to slowly diminish into something that you would be able to perform in a relaxed manner that gave time for you to help out Nagisa as well. Seeing as you wanted to help your friend and having nothing much to do, you agreed as you soon made your travel to his own apartment. It was quite a short journey, arriving in front of his doorstep sooner than you had realized.

Not wanting to stand idly outside, you knocked on the door before patiently waiting for anyone inside to let you in. You expected his mother to greet you, but was surprised to see that he was the one doing it instead. He visibly beamed, jovially greeting you a good evening before you returned it as he soon let you inside. Knowing the usual routine as you had performed it whenever you visit, you take off your footwear before placing it carefully at a shoe cabinet nearby before expressing your pardon for intruding. You inquired where Mrs. Shiota could have been in which he answered was out buying some groceries.

Entering further, you noticed an unusual smell as you asked him about it next that caused him to yelp in realization. You shake your head in amusement of his panicked and embarrassed state, lightheartedly shooing him off with the said gesture as he rushes off towards the kitchen to check out his cooking. Occupying the seat he had instructed for you to do so earlier, you managed to view a stray small notepad among his textbooks and notebooks. Straying away from your sudden curiosity, you properly placed your own notes and books at a vacant spot on the table while waiting for Nagisa rescuing what he had been making.

He seemed to be taking his time, causing your gaze to be back on the notepad that seemed to beckon you to take a look. Not seeing any harm in doing it, you gave in to your childish desire before letting it be within your grasp. You chuckled and smiled through your reading of the first few pages before you were horrified upon reading the contents of it on the latest pages. All of it are information about you, some quite explicit that left you disgusted and in disbelief beyond repair, astounded by such information. Looking at Nagisa after noticing his arrival, he seemed to not mind your discovery that further made you uncomfortable.

"Did I get everything correct?" Nagisa innocently asked along with a smile that reflected his unaware state, keeping up the guise of being the caring and gentle person you saw him as despite having some kind of danger lurking deep within him.

You only stared at him with widened eyes, contemplating on his current actions as your grip on his notepad faltering. Perhaps this was the reason of your sudden reminiscing of the odd memory earlier, a sign that you should have examined further about the reason behind it still that should have made you alert and skeptic with what was bound to happen.

Carefully placing it back, you stand up while unknowingly letting your palms met the tabletop quite forcefully that the impact caused most of the things on the table to move subtly.

You frowned, having a conflict whether or not to help him out of it, but your anger and dismay won that caused you to be blown away along with your emotions as you frustratingly exclaim. "Nagisa, what you're doing is not good. It's unhealthy! Please, stop it!"

Nagisa remained stubborn, making a momentary approach as he asks in return. "What's unhealthy, Y/N-senpai? Loving you?"

It caused you to felt weak as you realized that what you have thought of him moving on from your careful rejection had been wrong. All this time his admiration continued to grow in an unhealthy level that was proven by the important data he deemed that he had gathered about you. The friendship you had thought to have with him that remained good had taken quite the unexpected turn in which you are left unknown of your next course of action, still left baffled, in disbelief, and even in dismay with whom you have thought as an innocent and gentle individual. It undeniably broke your heart to see and know him to be like this.