(Asano Gakushu) Help From Others

Warnings: Manipulation, possessive, overprotective, and obsessive behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with. If it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking out this book. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cameras flashing that only added to the already brightened environment caused by numerous artificial light sources placed on varied areas within the awarding ceremony location, leaving you almost distracted, but you are easily guided by your fellow celebrity to your respective seats. You find the current situation a mild problem compared to what you experienced the second you stepped outside the limo that Gakushu graciously requested to transport the two of you. Not really minding much what his fans may think of the relationship you two might have, you remain certain that you had already clearly informed them that the two of you are only friends.

During the times that you share such notice to the audience, you remain to be unaware the subtle changes of Gakushu's expression whenever he would hear it. Despite it being observed by some audience that many already started to speculate what he really feels towards you, social media wasn't able to properly reach you as you had long decided to not indulge with it to avoid toxicity since you've been given advice that it would be for your best. Relaxing yourself, you made yourself comfortable in your seat after giving your thanks to Gakushu that was only returned with a smile before he occupies the vacant seat right next to yours.

Without even putting much effort and perhaps because of the prominent aura he has, with a glance and an amused smile, you let yourself enjoy by watching the short movies presented by the projector to a large screen in front of you all as Gakushu finds himself having many companies than he expected. Through his smile and jovial responses to the conversation any of the ladies and gentlemen initiated, you are able to notice the subtle discomfort he feels from being swarmed as you only direct your empathy with a gentle pat on his shoulder as you shake your head before finding amusement with his situation. Gazing at his features, you are able to understand why majority viewed him as someone spectacular other than having his skills.

Even though many people see him as someone that could almost be compared to being a perfect human, you remain aware of your dear friend's flaws. You've already seen Gakushu's negative attributes, accepting him still as your friend and nothing more despite it all. Such times are caused by his control slipping and his desperation for a certain goal to increase. It doesn't completely put him under an unpleasant view, but it only serves as a reminder that he is still human and those certain characteristics of his along his positive ones what makes him unique and as most of his admirers define it, results in him being a sought individual to love.

Before you found yourself focused on the reason behind his absence of lover despite the many options he could easily choose, the event starts with a cheerful greeting from the host that you've found yourself familiar and have been acquainted with as Kayano. With an equally enthusiastic response from the audience with you included, everyone begins to be silent when Kayano informs them the awaited awarding of the most influential and successful celebrities of the current time. You've already expected a certain someone to be included and would surely go home with having his popularity increase along with acquiring the award.

Meeting his gaze, you gesture a thumbs up to Gakushu as he silently seeks reassurance from you through intertwining his fingers with yours. A number of actors and actresses had been called, gathering a total of eight people that only left two spots for the awards. You are left confused when Gakushu hadn't been mentioned, furthermore, when you heard your name being announced. The same as the others, loud cheers and expression of support immediately erupted from the crowd and noticing your hesitance, Gakushu carefully guides you to stand up by doing the action first with you following suit as the two of you approach the stage altogether.

Your hesitance remained that is evident through your slower walk than your usual one that was immediately noticed by your companion. Gakushu only smiles reassuringly before gently supports your back as he leads the way to the stage. With the final call of the last name to receive the award, you felt immense happiness as you instantly hug Gakushu that halt your journey to the stage as an uproar of cheers from the others immediately appears before you two resume with your approach. Passing Kayano, Gakushu prolongs his glance at her before giving a subtle nod that was returned by the same gesture and an expectant smile from Kayano.

You first received your trophy, proceeding to give a simple, but heartfelt speech to express your gratitude and promise to do well for the industry before you let Gakushu take the spotlight. Just like you and the others, he began with words of thanks as you are left proud of his achievement more than your own as you clap along the others. From presenting his gratitude to everyone that supported him and also showing his honor of acquiring the award, you instinctively feel that something wrong is about to happen, causing you to feel wary around your own friend as you gaze at him in concern when the topic suddenly changes to his relationship.

"I really admired and loved this magnificent person from the moment that the two of us became close friends. I know that Y/N shared some information regarding with our friendship only being as is, but it's just an upfront to keep our real relationship private." Gakushu casually revealed as his nonchalance acts as a proof of his supposed factual statement and to not tarnish your reputation, you only returned it with a forced smile.

You know his dirty tactics when it comes to getting what he wants along with his manipulative skills, but you haven't expected yourself to be trapped in it. It would seem as he had taken good use of his skills within the acting industry, disguising his real feelings of adoration to you as something that can only be compared to a friend. It was what he did just to be close to you longer as he slowly weaves the bond stronger as the strings grew thicker until you found yourself unfortunately bound by it quite late. You are left astounded when you can clearly see the love-struck state he really is in through his adoring gaze that met your own.

He makes an approach as you ignore the crowd's excitement, focusing on Gakushu's figure as he's down on one knee and after placing the trophy on the floor next to him, he takes out a small box before opening it to reveal an item that made you freeze before he speaks. "Y/N L/N, we've been together through thick and thin. You were there when I needed you and you had always been my number one supporter. I see you as someone I would love to spend the rest of my life with. With that in mind, would you agree to be mine?"

In front of many supporters of his caused by him being a popular celebrity, he presented you an already made decision, not wanting to face the wrath of many people when you would disagree with his amazing offer in their view, you are left concerned with your unescapable predicament. He knew that the pressure from the equally influential celebrities that most even befriended him would greatly affect your agreement with his request, despite it being forced. You are left trapped with one answer only, knowing that if you would deny his offer, everything you've worked for would vanish with a single finger snap and most people will give you their wrath.

You didn't expect him to be a man needing help from others as you begrudgingly satisfy him with your positive answer and also putting your skills to good use, you reflect his enthusiasm while nodding in a manner that shows your faux eagerness before you verbally declare the finality of his request. "That would be a yes, Gakushu."

Gakushu stands up, approaching you with careful strides and once he stands in front of you, he notices that you're hesitant to let the ring be put in its proper place around your finger, but it is viewed by the others that the two of you are currently hypnotized with each other through the gazes between you two as he only whispers. "I've been waiting for this for so long. I love you."

You only remained silent, letting the tears that slipped from your eyes in subtle amounts relay a message of your sadness as the audience only sees it as tears of joy, remaining to not notice your side of the matter as they remained overjoyed with the event. Despite the lack of proper answer, Gakushu's mood wasn't diminished as he gently wipes away your tears before kissing your forehead that caused a series of congratulations and positive messages for the newly engaged couple. Wanting to temporarily relieve from their attention, you accept Gakushu's embrace as you place your face on his chest as a means to take cover, wanting for the situation to be over.