(Shiota Nagisa) Rescue

Warnings: Mentions of death, killings, overprotective, and possessive behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

With what you had thought a good time right after getting back home from hanging out with your only friend by enjoying the nature, it had devastatingly taken quite a turn. You stopped from washing the dishes, confusedly glancing at the already locked front door of your simple abode. It made you wonder who could have been knocking at this hour despite having no visitor informing you about their arrival. When you didn't respond, another series of knock persevered before you called out whoever it was on the other side to wait. Completely finishing your simple task, you cautiously approached the front door.

Taking a peek through the window that wasn't covered with the curtain, it made you further wonder why a group of the villagers is accumulating right in front of your doorstep. Though your curiosity was hastily pushed aside when once again they chorused for you to go outside. Fumbling with the lock, you soon opened the door after a few tries to open it once more. You curiously looked at the frowning faces of the crowd before you asked them what's wrong.

The buffed figure of the person standing in front of you informs. "You are known to be guilty of associating yourself with a dangerous entity."

You frowned, getting annoyed with such empty accusation. You mildly panicked when two men suddenly gripped each of your forearm before dragging you further outside. Ordering them to let you go bore a fruitless result as they seemed to have not heard any of it.

Because of such, it only caused you to exclaim in anger. "I am not a threat and I don't even know what all of you are talking about! I don't associate with anyone!"

Speaking of anyone, his azure eyes suddenly flashed in your mind, the person whom you only associate yourself with and your very dear friend whom you had enjoyed spending your time with earlier.

Ignoring your thrashing, the men continued to drag you along the town center where the other people of the village could only make themselves an audience to what was about to happen that is still unknown to you.

One of the crowd proceeded to inform you of a bad news, being stubborn with his own belief that led him to disagree with your claim.  "That makes you all the more suspicious! Your punishment will be death by being burned alive!"

You could hear the mutterings of some within the crowd with how crazily you're behaving while you could only frown, loudly exclaiming your denial. "You're the ones who are crazy! I did nothing wrong!"

Despite you wiggling around to try freeing yourself, the men's grip only tightened that left you no means to do so. A wooden pole stood at the center of the area, being surrounded by wooden materials as the realization of the real threat soon sinks in. They easily tied you up securely on the pole with ropes that started to burn on your wrists with how much you still tried to free from the bindings. As you are desperate to be free, the smell of gasoline soon spread out before a crackling of fire resonated.

Your dire situation left you no other choice, resulting to you screaming as loud as you can with the remaining energy you have. "Nagisa!"

The combination of being suffocated by the thick smoke and being exhausted with trying to free yourself from the rope bindings caused you to slowly drift to slumber, still hoping that an ounce of mercy and pity would be enough for someone among the crowd to free you. Growing flames only increased the heat around you further, threatening to burn you alive with the great distance it ate along the flammable materials. You soon paid no mind to it, giving in to the calling of sleep in which you could only hope the whole situation was just a nightmare. Completely unaware of your surroundings, the rescue had soon arrived.

With the arrival comes along the tremble of the ground, causing a subtle earthquake to occur along the village as a loud hissing sound soon resonated throughout the area that could clearly be heard despite the occurring murmurs of confusion from the villagers. The said entity they feared you have been unknowingly associated yourself with suddenly made his presence known as many men already prepared their weapons in means to try to eliminate him for the village to be peaceful once more. It had been a few weeks since the start of the killings that came from nowhere, but they had soon realized the cause of it which led to their present situation.

All of the it seemed to have been linked towards you, but with such heightened amount while knowing that you could not only do it alone, they had concluded that the mighty entity that secretly lived among them is the one behind it. Despite with their guess being correct, it's no question that their actions are a wrong move on their part. It resulted in a bloody fight with them clearly at a disadvantage, especially when they furthermore angered Nagisa. A group of men tried to attack with their spears, but with just a flick of his tail, they easily slumped on the debris of one of the houses caused by the impact.

It instantly brought them to their deaths, blood mixing along with the dust and dirt as the others that clearly witnessed the horrific scene screamed. Through the pleads to let them live, Nagisa paid no mind, just like how they did to yours. One by one, everyone was given no mercy, being left mangled, stabbed with a wooden piece or even their own weapon, while the remaining ones who tried to flee found themselves lying on the bloody streets of the village. Before he battled out with the villagers, the flames had also died out, been focused on first after he easily slipped through the people that tried to harm him in the start of the fight.

Destruction resulted with most of the village itself along with all of the residents lifeless as he deemed them all to be at fault with what had happened. Just thinking how they were about to kill you still made him itch to continue quenching his blood lust, but you're his main priority as of the moment. Gently having your unconscious form within his arms, he swiftly glided through the debris and back to the forest path. He soon made his travel back to his abode that is securely hidden deep within the forest that not even you know about it. A part of it could be a residence for his human form while the other fit with his true identity. 

Focusing more on your well-being to ensure that you would be fine still, he proceeded to take care of you carefully without transforming to the person you had initially known him to be. He gently lay you down on a bunch of cotton blankets after gathering them, letting himself be relieved of your presence as he kept a part of his tail wrapped around it while he proceeded to gently clean up the soot on your face while patiently waiting for you to be conscious. After ensuring you are fine, he was relieved after a few minutes once hearing and feeling you gently shuffling, knowing that you would be awake soon. 

To make your vision be clear, you blinked as the unusual greenish hue you had seen within the familiar person's eyes seemed to disappear. You tried to sit up while asking where you are, but he lies you back gently.

"You're somewhere safe now. You need to rest some more. Let's talk later, okay?" His soft spoken voice seemed to lull you to sleep.

For the second time, you unknowingly succumb to your remaining tiredness, letting yourself follow his request while being unaware of the change of his body. His tail soon wrapped around your slumbering form, keeping you letting you snuggle within it while also holding promise to keep you safe.