(Ritsu) Unusual Travel

Warnings: Mention of depression, manipulation, imprisonment, possessiveness, overprotectiveness, and obsessiveness. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with. If it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking out this book. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The void deep within you seemed to continue getting larger, consuming your strength and simple motivation to just continue living like usual. Every day felt the same, bland and almost nothing as your grasp of reality is decreasing with each passing moment. The enjoyment you feel when you perform hobbies disappear as your energy became less and less that only led to procrastination, bad grades, and poor relationships with your family and friends. But despite the imaginative darkness that started to act as a curtain to hide and cover you from the real world and would only bring you misery, you were able to find your light with Ritsu as your guide.

She was not a therapist nor a person, really, but that does not deviate your view of her as someone special in your life. Through the challenging phase of it, she had always been there for you every step of the way. Ritsu is a part of a program of an app where it introduces relaxation and comfort with your current situation she helped you through your depression, being cheerful and giving you reassurance and good advices when you needed it. She monitors your overall health in every aspect, most importantly within the realms of your mentality. She was fond of you that she spends most of her efforts in making you feel normal again and she succeeded.

When you are slowly starting to show signs of getting better, she had been very happy for you from the start, thinking that she really did well with helping you out from feeling miserable. She took pride of your happiness every time you would greet her with gratitude, but your interaction gradually became shorter and rarer that she's left alone and lonely as well. Though as an AI supposed to help those that felt down, she remains hopeful of her situation. Despite it being difficult to admit, she had grown dependent of your presence from the time you two spent together. She knew that her presence in your life is only temporary, but she's scared to let go.

Ritsu sets her worries aside for the time being after noticing that you are accessing her application, waiting for you on the other side with eagerness as she lightly smiles as a greeting once she sees you. "You almost forgot to check in today. Here's your daily reward! How have you been feeling?"

"I'm feeling okay. Very okay. I went to an amusement park with my cousins and I really enjoyed our time together. Thank you so much, Ritsu. You have been such a big help for me for these past few months. I really feel like I'm getting better." You return her beaming features with yours more on a thankful manner.

Despite your jovial attitude compared to the first time she met you, she still felt unease with how well that you had been as a seed of selfishness had long since been planted while she asks. "It's no problem, Y/N. As long as you're happy and feeling well. Do you mind if I make my report now about your activities of the day and your recent progress?"

She notices your hesitance after it, being certain that you're really okay now and receiving the report would be unnecessary, but you decided to indulge to her request. She had done so much for you that you unconsciously would like to return a few favors as a means to pay her for the efforts and time she had graciously given to you. worried that you would uninstall her after finding no use of her anymore. Returning your goodbye with a remark that she hopes of seeing you sooner and much frequently, you only smiled before exiting her application to prepare yourself for your personal errand. She continues to stare at the blank screen after you left.

This left Ritsu to sigh before unconsciously desiring your presence once more, feeling conflicted between recognizing her accomplishment for a job well done with you and accepting the fact that you might not need her anymore. Once such thought suddenly entered her mind caused her to frown, subtly panicking as she paces back and forth. She did not like it, proceeding to immediately find a solution during the times you are still away. When she soon find one, she became determined to prepare for its success as soon as possible since being an AI sure most of the time have its perks. The longer she waited, the more her anxiety and desperation grew.

Unable to contain her excitement, her rational part had been drowned by her desire in reaching her objective as she giddily informs you once you've opened her application, luckily for her. "Good morning, Y/N! A beautiful day, isn't it? Here are some list of activities that you might enjoy! Oh, but before that, do you mind doing something for me?" 

"Sure thing, Ritsu. You've done so many favors for me already, so it's natural that I do any of yours too." You gave her a glance before seeming to be distracted with your phone as you typed away with a genuine smile on your face that would have relieved her too if not for her worries.

"You see the settings button on the lower left corner of your screen? Click on it then you'll see an upgrade control. You can choose whichever and just make sure that you'll finish the process as directed." Ritsu innocently instructed you what to do, hoping to divert your attention to it enough for her plan to work. 

She knew that this is the exact time to execute her plan, seeing as it had been the first in few days that you've accessed the application. During your absence, she had been overwhelmed with negative thoughts that slowly led her to become desperate to cease the only chance she could possibly have. You only hummed before partially directing your focus to your laptop screen, searching the area for what she instructed before. Hidden from your view, Ritsu nervously waited as she wonders what is taking you so long. She sighs in relief after you started the update, preparing herself to personally meet you while she observes her surroundings.

"W-Wait, what is going on...?! Ritsu! Can you stop this?! Is this a virus or something? Ritsu!" You try to exit the application, but more pop ups remain to appear on your screen that left you panicking after also noticing that the brightness of the device seemed to increase with each passing second.

You remain closing your eyes despite feeling a normal brightness that should greet you, but you felt something different with where you are right now as you heard someone familiar saying. "Hush, now... There's no need to panic. I'll always be here for you, Y/N. I'm what you will always need... Ritsu is always here to take care of you."

You felt your world crumble and the state that you had just succeeded through returned to you. You felt lost despite knowing that Ritsu is closely approaching, but you remain hiding yourself away from her. Confusion and fear clouded your mind as you could not help, but feel threatened by her presence that felt more personal and nearer than ever. Ritsu frowned upon seeing you unconsciously returning to your broken state from the first time you met, sighing before carefully embracing you. You tried to break free before pleading for her to let you go to go back to your own world, but Ritsu only sees this as your prior adjustment from the unusual travel.