Stronger Bond (Duo Assassins)

Warnings: Mentions of killing and violence, possessive and overprotective behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

"You lied." Just two words that blatantly informed you was enough to snap you out of your reverie as you are caught off guard by the sudden presence inside the simple hotel room that you booked for yourself and your other companion that seemed nowhere to be found at the moment.

The comfortable bed that included three pillows and a blanket along with its main form remained to be in disarray that reflected the overall state of the room, but it was not the reason behind your shock. It was instead caused by the still injured person that you decided to help out to be absent within the vicinity, resulting for you to panic further when a close acquaintance of yours suddenly made his presence known. You were already vigilant during your travel back to your personal location to get the other needed medical supplies to tend to your former companion's injuries that you actually caused, but your teacher remained to be stealthier.

Not only that, but he's far more intelligent after he managed to track you down despite your efforts in trying to conceal you and your former target from a visit from him, knowing that the result if he would find you would not be good. But seeing as it is already too late and you just managed to acquire some few days to let your absent companion understand and accept your intentions of not killing them any longer, you are now faced with a bigger concern. Not only does the presence of your teacher scream bad news, but also the lack of presence of your first companion is the main target of your worry as you can only hope that you're not too late.

Remaining to portray an equally blank expression just like your teacher's, but without the disappointment and subtle fury, you present a confident stature before directing his focus to you alone while defending yourself despite the truth behind his words. "I did not. They just happen to escape---"

With a flick of his wrist, his signature rose appeared between the fingertips of his thumb and index as he closes his eyes before replying. "And that would be your fault. I taught you many things, but letting a target escape is none of those. My disappointment can still be avoided through a single condition that I am sure you already knew about."

You completely knew that such consequences are present once you decided to free your target intentionally and you're certain that your teacher is just prolonging your emotional agony by portraying to have no knowledge of your real intention in not eliminating the target. He is having his own kind of fun while watching you suffer through having an internal conflict of yourself. He's trying to manipulate your thoughts and feelings while making you feel guilty of the only decision that you freely made all throughout your lifetime. You've had enough becoming his puppet from the moment he took you in and decided that you should be the one living your life.

You cut off the intense staring contest that he initiated once he reopened his eyes, focusing your vision on the nearby medical supplies that you slowly acquired to take care of your temporary patient and former target as you sighed before answering. "I do know what it is, but I'm sorry to disappoint you then."

The greatest assassin's fury had been evident when the stem of the rose snapped when a finger overlapped and put too much strength upon its fragile part, but he remained calm in addressing you. "Y/N, don't tell me that you choose this stranger, that is your target and just a nobody, to save rather than to follow your teacher's instruction?"