(Chiba Ryunosuke) Alarming Situation

Warnings: Manipulation, isolation, mentions of death, possessiveness, overprotectiveness, and obsessiveness.

If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with. If it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking out this book. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

As your figure passed through the subtle busy street that led to your apartment, you are left saddened when no one even barely gave you a glance. Everyone seemed to be busy in their own world, using their phones, immersing in music, or even observing the road to not suddenly get lost. A sense of nostalgia hit you after observing such simple actions with how everyone simply go about their lives, getting solemn when even someone you knew did not recognize you. It was as if you were never there, heading straight to their destination without giving you a glance. You only sighed before sidestepping to avoid bumping into them, resuming your journey instead.

The apartment building itself remains to bustle in life that left you to smile in relief, proceeding to enter the area after greeting the familiar guard. You ignore the ache in your chest when you received no response once more, swiftly following after another resident that just opened the front door. Giving your thanks to the assistance, you did not wait for the reply that you knew would be absent before you roam the familiar hallways. You took note of the added decorations to entice more visitors and customers, reveling its simplicity. Despite this, the atmosphere is comfortable as you trudge up the stairs where your floor is located in the middle of the building.

You prefer this to avoid being uncomfortable when you would use the elevator along with anyone that could possibly do so as well. With every step you took, you felt something heavy weighing you down, but its not tiredness. Despite this, you continue to go through feeling solemn and nostalgic of your familiar surroundings since it slowly became unfamiliar the more you found yourself busy with other things. You are rarely home that led you to eagerly walk through the hallway after approaching the right floor letting your legs naturally direct you back to your comforting place. A comforting aroma met your senses as you stepped inside in comfort.

You hear someone humming, but the voice is unfamiliar. Observing the room, you sadly smiled after seeing that most of it changed during your absence. You could only hope that the new occupant of the apartment will take good care of the place that had always brought you comfort when you were still a mortal just like them. You further explored the usual, yet new place for you, identifying which other things have changed and which are those that remained the same. Your exploration led you to see the new occupant busy in the kitchen in the meantime, completely unaware of your presence just like the others before you glared at someone else.

"Oh, so you're here too... That's why the door is already opened." You bitterly muttered after recognizing the unpleasant familiar figure comfortably sitting on the single sofa that had been your favorite in the past, seeing him viewing the outside world through the opened window.

Chiba only smiles in return, understanding your remaining hostility and seemed to be unfazed by it that only added to your frustration. He had been the cause of your dilemma, acting upon his selfish motives as you scowled at him. He was an otherworldly being that took interest in your mortal living, observing you whenever he got the chance whenever he performs his duties in reaping someone's soul. You led a simple life and being gracious enough, he let you live your life to the fullest. But upon noticing a threat of having someone important in your romantic life, he became possessive and selfish enough to carefully reap your soul to make you live with him.

Crossing his legs over each other and intertwining his hands, he casually looked you up and down as if inspecting what you had been up to before strictly informing, despite his smile. "You did not ask my permission to go back here... You also did not even say a word of your absence..."

"Even in my new life, you remain to be annoying as ever... Just let me be, will you? It's not even like I can escape you now." You grumbled after knowing that he is now in full control of your life, knowing that as you travel along the mortal world, he remains to be in power over your new state.

His own domain had been the new place he forces you to call home, but you had grown bored and found a way to sneak back to the mortal realm. You knew that there was something wrong with the quick opportunity, but missing your world despite having no one to talk to caused you to shrug off your concerns. And just as expected, nothing goes past against him within his realm as he immediately let you do your short visit. Though coincidentally so, he just finished another task of his that led him to stay at your former place to wait for you as he assumed that this had been your target. For you, he had become a bit understanding and caring as he finds you special.

He sighs after sensing how stubborn you are, one of the reasons he become drawn to you, before gently patting his lap to give a silent instruction for you to go near him before he becomes frustrated. "Come on... I know you're feeling lonely, but I'm here. I can offer you some comfort, you know."

You stopped yourself from scoffing at his claim, knowing full well that such a being as him who guards souls and guide the mortals in their journey through death could never fully comprehend and even feel human emotions. For your sake, he continues to try. For you, he continues to persuade and put effort in making you feel at ease whenever you're with him, especially when the both of you are within his realm. You instead frowned before begrudgingly approaching him, carefully sitting on his lap before you let out a sound of surprise when he easily let you ease up. You now found yourself laying on his chest on your side with him wrapping an arm around you.

"No matter what you try to do to change my mind or whatever, I will still hate you... You can't change that." You forced out while trying to ignore the undeniable warmth his figure ironically emits, unconsciously releasing some of your tenseness, though remaining to be wary of his advances.

Chiba only gave off a soft laugh as he finds your emotions amusing, not completely feeling most of such human vulnerability before unconsciously offering you something he just promised by gently running his palm on your back. "I know. But you'll grow used to it. I'll always be here with you."

"That's even more disturbing... Just shut up." You lightly sniffled before further curling up against him, gripping  his clothing for comfort as his presence is the only thing you can find such, despite it being against yourself while he only smirked as he awaits your complete submission to your supposed alarming situation.