(Akabane Karma) Helplessly Fall In Love Again

Warnings: Overprotective and possessive behavior, mentions of threat, drugging, and jealousy. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thirty minutes had passed since you arrived at the Kunugi-Kaze Café where you and your boyfriend were supposed to have your anniversary date. You look at the watch strapped around your nondominant wrist then at the entrance a few distance away to your right, hoping to see him finally arriving. You try to remember the time when you and your boyfriend officially became a couple but you couldn't. Somewhere along the depths of your mind, a part of you is screaming for help. That part of you that knows the truth, that your love for him had already faded a very long time ago...

"Are you finished with your (flavor) cake, Y/N?" You snapped out of your train of thoughts and face where the voice came from, only to see the class president giving a polite smile at you in which you returned.

You nod as Isogai gets the porcelain plate with the fork on top of it while some frosting and crumbs from the cake remains on the plate.

"Would you like some more (drink)?" Isogai asked once again as he adds the plate on top of the other used ones on his tray.

You shake your head as you take out the needed amount of money to pay for your food and drink. You give it to Isogai who thanked you.

"I think I should get going soon..." You slowly stand up and adjust your bag before giving a wave at Isogai who looks at you in confusion.

"Karma hasn't arrived yet?" The class president asked as he also takes a look around the establishment to notice the absence of the said person.

You let a faint smile tug your lips, shaking your head while hiding the disappointment as you answer. "No... I think he's busy, but it's fine since this is the first time he's late. Thank you and goodbye. See you at school on Monday."

You wave a goodbye again and finally leave, sighing in distress after you exit the establishment.

You actually lied about this being Karma's first time forgetting about an event that's actually important to you and it was actually not the only thing that made you almost want to end their relationship since you felt like you are imprisoned but you don't know the reason why. It didn't help that you also noticed Karma's odd behavior and change of attitude, but you just thought to yourself that he's just trying to be a good boyfriend to you again. Your misery started during your birthday. Wait, a good boyfriend? Again? You shake your head as that thought disappears as soon as it came.

It was one of the worst days of your life for two reasons. First, your parents were arguing again about when your father will leave his current job and search for a new one with a better salary. Second, Karma forgot your birthday. You knew that it shouldn't be a big deal to you since your classmates still greeted you, but the problem is that Karma was avoiding you all throughout the day. Well, that's what you think in your perspective since every time you tried to go near him, he just walks in another direction without even sparing a glance at you.

What added to your heartache is when you saw Karma with Okuda. You didn't really hear what they were talking, but it was quite clear that they were talking about something important since they didn't notice you watching them near the entrance of the rundown building. The two figures were facing each other a few distance away from where you are and that's why you can only see them in sideview. All you saw was that Okuda passed a small, pastel pink paper bag to Karma who happily, that's what it seems to be since there was a small smile on his lips, accepts it.