(Hayami Rinka) Extreme Fascination

Warnings: Overprotectiveness, possessiveness, and obsessiveness. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with. If it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking out this book. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rinka blankly stares at the sufficiently thick pile of papers that needed her attention, belonging from some of her classmates that wanted her to work for their school works instead. It had become the norm for them to rely on her own skills and intelligence, letting her do all of the work before taking the credit for themselves. Whether or not the teacher noticed it and knew about the whole ordeal remains a mystery. You even managed to observe how one even saw how blunt the exchange happened, but remained to turn a blind eye to it. You can only sigh before presenting an empathetic glance at your seatmate before focusing on your assignment.

Rinka decides to finish her own school work first, prioritizing her academics before others, but she can only do so much. It would not be too long until she'll be piled up with much burden until she could not take it all. She can easily feel your own concern even through your gaze, forcing herself to completely focus on finishing her task despite how she is internally distracted by your presence alone. Sure she could just easily throw the papers away that her classmates should be working on, but there's a certain reason behind why she keeps doing this. She doesn't want you to be involved and she also have some troubles voicing out her disagreement because of it.

Sighing in defeat knowing that you cannot do anything against them, but remaining to grumble about their behavior internally, you turn to your closest friend before offering. "Do you want me to help you with some of those...? I mean, I may not be that much compared to you, but I can still try."

"I'm fine. Thanks. You should just focus on your own assignments, Y/N." Rinka casually replied as calm as possible to not reflect how intense she really feels inside that is also from the subtle threats given to her by others with how they would make your school life difficult if she wouldn't follow their orders.

You sweat dropped after receiving her blunt and instant reply that despite already knowing her enough to know that's just how she is, you remain to be worried before unknowingly leaning closer to clearly see the pile. "Are you sure? I insist. That looked too much to be easily worked on by one person alone."

She prefers to not do it in the first place, but she could never risk your safety nor your reputation in return for it. She could only blame herself for not reacting enough when the situation calls to it. Despite how cold and isolated she might be seen by others, she prioritizes you first. All of her current burden was for you to live normally as a student. But despite this clear reasoning, something within her remains to remind her that she's doing this for a cause that is more than that. She sees you as someone very much important in her life that she's willing to sacrifice anything. Though she's reminded again of her personal flaw that remains a challenge.

One of her hated classmates suddenly appeared behind you as she could only silently glare at them, knowing that they are up to something and their approach is just a warning of some sorts. "Oh look, it's the cold Rinka. Be sure to finish our assignments before lunch tomorrow, okay?"

Focusing on her alone, you were unaware with the silent gesture of threat the group had given to her that is directed to you before they left. "Can you really do that alone? I mean, not to be nosy and doubting you, but I know how the teachers seemed to be informing you of your lowering grades..."