(Shiota Nagisa) Night Terrors

Warnings: Manipulation, mentions of death, nightmares, and violence, possessive, overprotective, and obsessive behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with. If it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking out this book. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Talent is something that is cultivated quite naturally so and can be similar to skills, but the only factor that differs it is that it had already been there the moment someone is born. It can either be developed and be used to something good for the betterment or as what you experienced, it had been used for something much worse. Fortunately, you're not personally experiencing going haywire with whatever talent you really hold, but unfortunately enough, you had been a focus of someone who holds the greatest kind of it that made him the star of the unusual classroom you went to when you were in junior high.

Despite knowing such, you remain unaware with his sudden change of behaviors, even though you have been a close friend of his. You've been there when he had trouble with his family, always a shoulder for him to cry on and he was there in return when you have your problems and the both of you are working quite well with doing such task most of the time. You were there when he went down the known lowest class, deciding that if you won't be together in D Class for that certain school year, you would find learning quite meaningless. Whatever ups and downs, the two of you managed it all by working together.

And that's what you see him as, a dear friend of yours that you hoped would be there when you need him and you would be the same to him in return. Someone that despite the possible distance between you two, the bond would remain strong. Catching up with each other through interactions despite your busy schedules, helping out when one might be troubled with the adult life, settle with a partner in life and have the other be invited to a grand ceremony to bond the newly weds, and introduce each other to their own children as someone that they would also respect and depend to just as much their parents trust each other.

But it was too late. The signs had been subtle in your view until it was too late. Nagisa managed to keep up his persona of someone that won't use his talent for something bad. He would only see it as a means to help his students grow and develop in life, helping them find their motivation to continue living until they would acquire something good out of it, perhaps even their own success. But no, there was something that kept him from entirely focusing on what you deemed had been his ultimate goal. He had his goal changed from the start without you even knowing and he went through such lengths to be victorious with it.

After many challenges he faced, everything that he deemed barriers between the two of you and those that tried to separate you from him, he finally has you. And once he does, he's left feeling satisfied with it despite the blood that would seem to always be present within his palms. Taking the role of being your dearest friend wasn't enough for him, making him all the more desperate and being devoured by his desire to have you through whatever means necessary, he easily did so. His talent that unknowingly developed through his rough experiences with his mother had come in handy just to lead you back right at him.

Through your closed eyelids, your eyes remained to be gazing on every location it could possibly reach as you view it differently within your sleep state. You are prisoned within an endless loop of bad memories from the past. Caused by desperation, your actions also had been driven by it. Bedsheets became even more unorganized as you thrashed around without proper consciousness. It immediately alerted the individual lying next to you as he unconsciously and easily evaded the indirect attacks. A scream from you caused him to be completely awake, eradicating his want to continue his slumber, knowing that you will need him badly after this.

Nagisa knew that it wouldn't be easy. The relationship between you two would be different, and you will take time accepting what he had done, but he's patient. He will remain to be there for you and showing it at the moment by hugging your figure close after your uncontrolled motions caused by horrible nightmares start to diminish. Tears start to be released from your tightly shut eyes as you continue to verbally cry out your pain. Energy left your being, seeping out of you slowly after vigorous actions had been performed by you. The air seemed to be your enemy through not seeing your environment and remaining to be trapped with your own mind.

Finally freed from your horrific experience that had become quite a regular occurrence lately, it only resulted with you remembering different events that led you to your current predicament. Such reminiscing didn't become easy and out of your control and what you had been observing, always presenting itself on the wrong times. It cost you a much needed amount of sleep, wariness and anger directed to your once dear friend, and it only repeats itself, despite whatever you might try to fight it off, to change the forced destiny Nagisa had brought upon to yourself, even though you thoroughly not wanting him to take control of your life.

Desperate to find relief from what you experienced and as much as your mind subtly tried to warn you, you immediately cling to the closest form of warmth and comfort, which just happened to be Nagisa. You remained unaware with the horrible things he had done in the past just to have you all to himself most of the time, still shaken up by your nightmares that seemed real. True enough, all of it is real and not just nightmares, but your memories resurfacing once your mind starts to become clear and remember it despite your pain. Though you're already drawn deep enough to never find a way out, no matter how much you try to climb out of it.

Nagisa immediately comforts you, giving a soft kiss to your forehead before carefully muttering. "Shh... Y/N, I'm here. Everything is going to be okay because you have me. We have each other and that's all that matters. We'll get through this, just like the old times, remember? Nagi is here to always protect and love you, no matter what. I love you."

"N-Nagisa... Don't leave me... I'm scared. I just want to forget it all... Help me." You meekly replied through your sniffles once your crying starts to get under control, leaving you breathing quite heavily before you further cover your face on his chest as you felt him hugging you tighter, more secure.

"Just let me in, Y/N... I'll help you through it. I'm not a bad person, you know that. I'm still your Nagi. Always will be just as you will always be my Y/N. You would try to understand, right?" He whispered quite comfortingly so, gently rubbing your back as you resume back to be affected with your heightened emotions while you unknowingly give a subtle nod.

Through it, you knew there's no escape and caused you to accept him slowly while crying softly as you felt him comforting you. After all, there's nothing you can do against the natural born assassin and he had proven it to you a long time ago. Experiences that are only left behind as seldom fuzzy memories and sometimes to a higher degree than being vivid nightmares, night terrors. The monster behind it all ironically, is the only one that can give you temporary comfort through it, but who knows? If you let it all in and completely accept him despite the major flaws that you would oftentimes clearly see, you might become one yourself to escape in some way.