(Sugino Tomohito) Strike One, Batter Out

Warnings: Slight mention of death, murder, killer, jealousy, overprotective and possessive behavior. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

You stop blabbering after you noticed the absence of a reply from the one you're conversing with. You look at Sugino, a close friend of yours, to see him just staring at you. You look from left to right and behind you and misunderstood the certain person he's really gazing.

"Just by looking at Yukiko-chan, you're already blushing?" You grin and softly nudge him with your elbow that snapped him out of his daydream, the soft blush that coated his cheeks got deeper in hue.

Sugino avoids your gaze, pretending to search for the said girl. "Kanzaki? Where?"

You dead pan and sigh, quite amused at his acting and points in the right direction where Kanzaki can be seen talking with Kayano. "Over there. See her? How about you tell her what you truly feel about her already?"

You slightly push him forward, but he forced himself to stay where he's standing while shaking his head. "Nope, I won't."

You were confused by his answer and even though the two of you were really close, close enough for him to tell you the one he likes, but really is not the truth, the two of you sometimes argue over some certain things, but you decided to make a gentle approach to the subject to avoid any conflict. "But you like her, right? Then, it's enough for you to confess, right?"

"When did our conversation reach here anyway? Let's just continue our practice before the rest of the boys join in." It looks like he is stubborn enough to not give in with your suggestion and so, you also decided to drop the subject.

With a baseball prepare to throw, you called out to him. "Fine... Here, catch!" The two of you continue to practice until the rest of the boys who are joining the tournament join in.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"The tournament is tomorrow, huh? Good luck with it, Captain Sugino." You give a pat on his shoulder while giving him a grin.

You and Sugino, along with Nagisa and Karma, are passing by the main campus grounds and heading towards the path of the mountain that leads straight to the satellite campus when you noticed someone leaning against the wall of a classroom. "Is that Shindo-kun?"

Just as after you said that, Shindo approaches your group while calling out a former teammate of his. "Yo! Sugino!"

All of you stopped and wait for him to reach you and once he was standing in front of you, Sugino greets him back with a small wave a he was quite annoyed by the interruption. "Shindo, hello to you too. What are you doing here?"

"Yeah, shouldn't you chosen ones practicing for your victory that will never happen because we will claim it first?" Karma smirks as he releases a threatening aura, still mad about the baseball club had bad mouthing them and thinking that they are better than their class.

Nagisa sweat drops and softly bows while apologizing. "I apologize on behalf of him."

"Don't worry. I'm actually not here to start a conflict." Shindo casually waves a hand, indicating that he doesn't care that much of Karma's remarks.

But the red haired male was still not finished as he speaks up again. "Oh? Then what are you here for? Continue to mock us because you're one of the chosen?"