(Asano Gakushu) Happy Ever After

Requested by: Mochi-Moshi
Hope you'll like it! Enjoy!

Warnings: Very subtle possessive and obsessive behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Actions caused by raging emotions within had been done by you since the moment you have known you would soon meet the person you have been betrothed with, being filled with both excitement and nervousness with what would ensue later on. Being given luck to have quite an extravagant way of living also has its disadvantages and such high expectations from others is just one among the list. You have heard that the man you are about to be engaged to could be described as someone who is accurately close to being a perfect individual, tying up with your act of your own perfection, you might have guessed.

Because of such, you could not afford showing imperfections of yourself, or just simply showing your true self for that matter. The engagement party would soon commence later on, but the two of you would meet much sooner before it. Finishing up your preparations while ensuring that you look your utmost best with the help of your certain faithful and loyal staffs, it soon ended much sooner than you had anticipated. Giving one last look at the vanity mirror where your reflection showed the almost perfect version of yourself, you proceed to wear your facade before being led by a maid towards where the young man awaits.

Your families have already started to acquaint with each other, filling the extravagant room with chatters and jolly atmosphere that was also accompanied with pride and excitement for the engagement. Some had already then noticed your arrival, furthermore showing their joy before you were soon presented to the man you would spend the entirety of your life with. Clad in a semi-formal suit, he was undeniably handsome as you found yourself taking in his majestic features that was also the same in his case. The audience was in no doubt finding you two to be the perfect pair for each other, pushing you two to spend some time alone.

Not only was his appearance a good one, but it seemed like his traits were as well, carefully guiding you away from the room and having a walk towards the garden in which he had remembered after the small tour he had earlier on. Your hand was holding onto his arm, receiving squeals from some before the noise soon started to be replaced with peaceful silence when you two began your travel.

"You've put quite a convincing mask on." He suddenly spoke, almost making you halt in your steps, but you remained along his pace.

The entrance of the garden soon makes its appearance, presenting you two with a peek of its greenery lavishness.

Instead of being offended and denying his remark like how he had anticipated, he was amused to see the small smile in your face before you soon caught his gaze, making a statement of your own soon after. "I'm mildly surprised and amazed with such accusation, but I think that you know such since you also have yours?"

Gakushu just returned your smile before continuing on to make an entrance to the garden. You beamed upon noticing a certain area that was filled with your favorite flowers surrounding a table where snacks seemed to have been prepared not too long ago, still fresh as the newly bloomed flowers. You had unconsciously felt comfortable to be around him, slipping off a tiny part of your facade as you made your first approach towards the table. Taking a seat without waiting his assistance, you gestured to the chair in front of you for him to occupy.

You smiled in satisfaction upon seeing that he had done what you had silently requested, clapping once before you exclaim. "Since we would be tied with each other soon, why don't we loosen up a little and just have a good chat about some certain things. You know? Just some information about us for the other to get to know more? What do you say?"

Gakushu returned your grin, nodding in agreement before letting his leg cross over the other while letting himself be in a more comfortable position in his seat, leaning against the back of it.

He glanced at the surrounding flora, gesturing towards a row of such as he asks. "Well then, I would just like to ask for confirmation if the flowers that mostly surround us at the moment are your favorite? You seemed to light up in excitement and relief upon seeing such."

You expressed your awe with his observative nature, proceeding to start a conversation with the said flowers with genuine happiness before it soon escalated to another, and another, enjoying each of your presence with every conversation while occassionally consuming the treats.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The party was filled with bustling individuals congratulating you both with the engagement, proceeding to stay and have a chat with either of you two. It caused you to slowly be tired with keeping up your facade as it had been going on for almost five hours, luckily with a bit of a break in between to satisfy your hunger and thirst and just to take a break with the interaction that seemed to be meaningless. The only interaction you would have genuinely liked would be with your soon to be husband and thinking of such caused you to be flustered and confused with the sudden thought, forcing yourself to momentarily forget about it.

Seeing as the final guest that wanted to have a moment with you two soon left, you released a subtle sigh of relief that did not go unnoticed by your betrothed standing beside you. Carefully taking your hand in his, Gakushu decided that the two of you needed to take a break yet again along with some fresh air and privacy as he had something to talk about with you that's of importance. You take a seat right after he had prepared it for you, proceeding to enjoy the satisfying wind that entered through the balcony. You turn your attention to him again after he gently took your hand, giving him a curious glance.

Gakushu had a soft smile on his face, further enriching his handsome features while he gently rubs the back of your hand with his thumb as he soon speaks up. "I may not be a man that seemed to believe in love at first sight, but my interest and affection soon grows as I get to know you better behind your mask. With the small time we had with one another was still not enough for me, but it filled the satisfaction of having a realization that I am slowly falling in love with you. Whatever your answer to my confession is, you will have no choice, but to accept my blooming love, but I could only hope that you reciprocate my feeling."

Even with the surprising display of affection he had performed, you still noticed the subtle hints of other emotions he possibly feels at the moment.

Grinning slightly in amusement, you soon spoke while reassuringly remained your hold in your intertwined hands. "I've got to see another side of you again. Is the Asano Gakushu embarrassed and nervous for a reason? Such an adorable moment to witness!" You teased, grinning all the more upon noticing his slightly pinkish hued cheeks while glancing away with a small frown before he soon uttered. "Stop stating such nonsense and just give a response already."

"Alright, alright." You lightly chuckled and as much as Gakushu wanted to remain stubborn, he found himself smiling with such joy you emitted.

His happiness was soon reverted to one of surprise, eyes widened and seeming to be frozen upon feeling your lips against his in a swift kiss.

You shyly smiled, sheepishly meeting his gaze as you asked. "Does that answer your question? If not, then verbally stating it is that I have also fallen in love with you, Gakushu."

Gakushu smirked, tucking a strand of your hair before cupping your cheek. He soon makes his own first move, gently letting his lips make contact with yours again in a sweet kiss, both figures bathing under the beautiful moonlight while savoring the moment.

Just when you have thought that your life would be furthermore in control by another, you were met with a surprise when fate decided to let you have someone in which you could empathize yourself too. Such similarities in your life caused your bond to start, proceeding to bloom further once each of your true self started to be shown towards one another. It just shows how special you are to him and him to you, leaving such a maximum possibility of you having an end that you could only read in romance genre books within your library. An arranged marriage had brought the two of you together, soon falling in love and would reach a happy ever after.