(Okuda Manami) Exposed Identity

Warnings: Overprotective and obsessive behaviors, threat, and use of weapon. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you'll enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Despite the short amount of time that had passed since you started hanging out with your best friend, Okuda, it felt like an eternity filled with satisfaction and happiness. The calming sound coming from the nature surrounding you two only added to the serenity of the situation as countless stories are being exchanged either from you to her or from her to you. Each of you held empathy to the situation experienced by the other, strengthening the bond. Advices are also being exchanged since the two of you acquired the right amount of knowledge from the experiences encountered until a certain question occurs.

"How are you doing Y/N? With the pictures from nowhere and all? Was the new one when you went to pet a stray cat?" The question held no malice, providing innocence and even curiosity to your state, but despite that, you knew that something is very wrong with the progression of your interaction with your so called friend.

Everything around you seemed to have an absence of volume, reeking your hearing with silence as you halted from taking another bite of your chosen snack. From your perspective, the area seemed to be deserted of any presence from the other indiviuals present within the park as your focus is only diverted to the reality behind the question that Okuda provided you of. Your hand that's been hovering near your mouth since she directed her inquiry luckily started to be under your control once more, causing you to return the piece back to its respective container before casting a cautious gaze to your seatmate.

"H-How did you know about that?" You instantly asked after receiving your voice and skills to speak, recovering from being taken aback with her knowledge about your alarming situation that had not yet been shared to anyone, and that includes her.

"Did you forget? You told me yesterday." Okude meekly replied while keeping up her innocent features, smiling and even having the courage to give a small laugh at the accusation, but you remained certain of your memories in which what she had suggested had not yet happened.

"No, I'm not wrong, Manami-chan. I didn't say a word about it." You stated in confirmation, frowning as your uneasiness of the situation continues to grow while you unconsciously observe her reaction, waiting for an unknown happening.

She presents a confused countenance, subtly tilting her head to the side before she responds. "Really? You even told me that you received it when you arrived home later, sticking out from the small gap in your closed door? I'm just relieved to know that it wasn't inside your room like the last time."

Having a feeling that she's playing with you and even underestimating your knowledge about your situation, you narrowed your gaze, directing an unpleasant view to her while you try your best to remain calm while you answer. "Are you joking? Even if I am forgetful, something that had recently happened will remain in my memory and I really don't remember telling you about it."

Okuda remained silent, blinking before meeting your gaze while remaining to be unbothered by your certainty. Deep inside, she felt exhilirated and even proud with what you had expressed, showing your intelligence that is just one of the things she had grown to love about you. She knew that the odds of the current situation is against her, giving her the disadvantage and would even result to an unsatisfying conclusion than what she would like to experience with you. But despite the progress of the situation that only directs to the negatve end of her plan, she did not go into war without any preparation.

Okuda lightly laughed, covering it with a palm, but the sound of her amusement remained to be in high volume for you before she finally reveals. "Oops, guess I slipped up. I'm still not good with communicating and stuff, especially interacting with you. It started when I was in junior high, but my teacher helped me succeed through it."

"I know, you've told me about it." You casually replied, unconsciously leaning away and even starting to move your figure from your former spot on the bench that did not go unnoticed by her keen observation as Okuda only smiled before meeting your eyes once more..

"I wonder why I still fail to properly interact with you. Is it because I became very nervous when I'm around you? Or maybe, I'm distracted by your presence. It could also be because of my heart beating so fast and loud that I can almost hear it most of the time we're together." She said as a small blush started to be present on her cheeks.

Despite the adorable state she is undeniably in, you remained at your guard and even displeased with her statement before you direct a remark. "What are you getting at, Manami-chan? I only think of one reason why you knew about the recent photo without me telling you about it. You're behind all of it, aren't you?"

Okuda could feel her heart burst, letting herself be drowned with her delusion of you appreciating her work while remaining to be in awe of your conclusion. "Do you like it? Which photo is your favorite? For me, all of it. I really can't decide since you look so good in all of it. Do you want to know when I started to love you?"

The reason behind your unease had finally been disclosed and not wanting to be with the company of someone you found crazed and obsessed with you, you abruptly stood up as Okuda immediately grabs ahold of your wrist that caused you to scream out. "No! Just leave me be!"

Ignoring your demand, Okuda presses her cheek on the back of your hand, gently nuzzling her face upon it while continuing to ramble with the influence of her obsession. "You were really kind to me at that time, showing me around the laboratory and even sharing me some of your knowledge. That was really sweet of you."

With every word she spoke, you felt yourself becoming diszzy and even grossed out with the unusual behavior she's starting to show as you try to push her away from you while you demanded once more, having a hint of desperation to it. "Shut up! I regret it all! I regret being your friend! Just stop acting like you're crazy! Don't follow me!"

By a miracle of some sort, her grip managed to be loose and immediately taking the opportunity of your escape, you instantly took a step back before starting to walk away with a pace that's increasing with each distance you've started to create between the two of you, ignoring her amused giggle and reminder. "You know you can't go away from me. I won't let you."

"Oh, yeah? Try me!" You replied without looking back, preparing to run, but before you could do so, you felt someone harshly pulling you back before you are once again face to face with her, letting you clearly see her twisted devotion upon her features before she lets her arm embrace your figure while the other revealed to be holding something concerning.

"I told you so. Now that you know my secrets, I think it's time for you to keep it. Let's head back home." She calmly requested, letting you know the degree of seriousness of her threat behind it by letting the tip of the knife press against your neck, signifying the starting point of your immense fear.