(Asano Gakushu) Intrigued and Enamored

Warnings: Jealousy, overprotective and possessive behavior, and manipulation. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Murmurs resonated throughout the hallway as the Big Five passes by the other students who are not still yet inside their own classrooms.

Gakushu managed to hear bits of it and raise a brow in question of what he had heard. "Someone from the E Class scored higher than me...?"

This made him and the others stop and listen more to what a group of students are conversing about.

"And it isn't Akabane-kun? Well, that part really is surprising. Who could the lucky person be?" Ren asked, his eyes widen in shock.

Gakushu remains his calm demeanor and lets a fake smile stretch on his lips as he approaches the girls gossiping about. "Excuse me? Have you heard about the E Class student who managed to take the first place from me?"

"Oh, Asano-kun! How lucky of me... Anyways, yes! I do know who that E Class student is. It's L/N Y/N." The girl fangirls as her friends are quite jealous of her interaction with Gakushu, but supported her nonetheless, as they continue on their way for it is almost time for their first period.

Before they left, Gakushu beams a final smile. "Thank you."

The girls squealed in delight before rushing to their room.

"If you wanted to have a chat with that student, Asano-kun, we actually have an assembly later on." Ren sweat drops, feeling the intense rage Gakushu is emitting from being replaced with the top spot with someone he had not yet heard of.

Gakushu speaks through gritted teeth before he takes a deep breath to calm himself. "I know that, Sakakibara-kun. I'm just thinking about something, is all."

"Yeah, and that something is how you're gonna give a punishment to that student who took your throne away from yours?" Natsuhiko creepily chuckles as Gakushu ignored him, getting himself prepared to face off the student that managed to climb the top from being one of those who are in the bottom.

"Isogai-kun. May I have a word with a classmate of yours named L/N Y/N?" Without wasting his time, he approached the president of the E Class right after the assembly ended and before all of the class could leave.

Isogai gives a polite smile before nodding. "Uhm... sure, I guess. I'll just tell Y/N about your request first and if Y/N agrees or not."

Isogai went to where you are, having a fun conversation with both Nagisa and Rio that was interrupted by the president as he apologized, but you just give a smile of reassurance that it was fine, striding over towards the one who had requested your presence.

"What do I owe the pleasure of meeting the student council president slash the principal's son slash the unbeatable number one slash---"

"Are you L/N Y/N? The one who scored the highest marks this exam?" Gakushu cuts you off, sighing before boring his calculative gaze to you.

You grinned, gesturing to yourself with the palm of your hand placed on your chest, giving him a mock bow. "Yep, I'm L/N Y/N. What can I help you with, Asano-kun?"

"Can you give us some privacy?" Gakushu gives a faux close eyed smile towards your classmates who are waiting for your return in anticipation.

Karma grins and sees this as an opportunity to mess with Gakushu. "What? It's not like you're going to confess or anything, right? Wait! Don't tell me you are? Who would've thought that Asano can feel emotions, much less love!"

"It's not like that, Akabane-kun. I just have something important to tell L/N about in which we don't need any audience and other people to hear about it." Gakushu slightly narrows his gaze to the red haired individual, who just shrugged and stuck his tongue out to him.

The others sweat dropped, making their leave after you intervened. "Bye guys! Don't worry! I'll still be in one piece after this! You guys know me enough, right?"

"Right! See you later Y/N!" Nagisa waves a goodbye at you as you returned the same gesture.

You grinned before facing Gakushu. "I'll guess what you want to tell me... Based on your expression, which is very hard to read, but I managed, you want to ask me how I was able to beat your highest marks this time and you're going to threaten me if I ever did it again, so if I don't want anything bad happening to me, which might be in reverse, I should step down and make way for you again. Is that accurate enough? Or did I miss something? Based on your reaction---"

Hearing your sentences made him interested in who you really are, masking his surprise with a small genuine smile. "Your accurate with your assumptions and I'm quite thankful that you already know what I was about to say, though I'm curious about how you were able to do it."

You look at your watch before shaking your head. "Can't tell and I'm afraid that your time with me is up. Better luck next time, Asano-kun."

"Who were you talking to, just now? And what's that?" Gakushu asks, walking towards you after a student made his leave.

The two of you became quite good friends after the little meeting of you two as he had been quite intrigued by you and had also started to be enamored of you as the months went by. And here you two are, talking to each other like the best of friends in the world.

Along with that, he had also grown quite protective towards you, fending off anyone who tries to talk to you, except your other friends since he doesn't mind them that much knowing that you just see them as your friends and nothing of romantic interest, and even sometimes threatening, manipulating, and blackmailing others secretly to not tarnish his reputation.

You shrug, taking a look at what the student had given to you. "I also don't know what their name is. I was supposed to ask, but they ran off after they had given me this letter which is probably a confession letter based on the hearts littered on its pale pink surface."

He glares at the letter, taking it away from your grasp before switching to his bright persona again. "Congratulations for tying up with me in the exams."

"Yeah, yeah, tell yourself that since I know that's not what you want to say to me. Keep your jealousy and blood lust low, then I'll agree to go on a date with you. See you next time, Asano-kun." You wave a goodbye after softly patting his shoulder, unaware that you are already too late as an unfortunate victim that was also one of your admirers had already fallen to his clutches with their skeleton hiding in his closet, figuratively.