(Asano Gakuho and Gakushu) Pride And Joy

Requested by: mckennahendry
Hope you'll like it! Enjoy!

Warnings: Subtle mentions of possessive, obsessive, and overprotective behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The basketball court of the subdivision is currently being used by two players in which, despite the age gap they have, it proved to not hinder the young man in going all out and managing to also catch up with his father. Mentally recording the score between them, Gakushu could only subtly grin when he had managed to score two points higher than his opponent. It had been quite a while since both of them had bonded over a simple game of basketball and doing so remained refreshing and flamed their determination to outrank the other. Gakushu subtly grinned at his father after acquiring the basketball.

Being once again happy with his scoring, you cheered and congratulated your son. Such positive action was being returned by him smiling proudly at you as Gakuho could only see the situation as an opportunity.

"Don't let your guard down, Shu." Your husband remarked before sneakily managing to successfully steal the basketball from Gakushu's hold before immediately scoring a point of his own that made his score higher than his son.

Gakushu could only jokingly glare at his father before replying. "You do know that mom is supposed to be the only one using the name directed to me, old man."

"Old man? Would an old man be able to defeat you?" Gakuho teasingly replied before easily letting the basketball take an accurate shot after taking it back from his former shot despite the distance.

Covering his awe in mild annoyance, Gakushu had decided to make a playful remark one more that caused a back and forth retort between the two. Watching their banter from afar, you could only shake your head in amusement.

Before the two could prolong the competition of theirs, you had deemed that it was enough for today as they had been playing for almost two hours as you call out. "It's time to go home!"

Having a handshake as a silent remark of congratulations to the other, both soon made their approach to where you are after getting their own things. With your motherly instincts kicking in, you immediately tended to Gakushu, wiping away the sweat on his face after he changed his shirt on a nearby changing room along with his father.

You proceeded to give him his water bottle before focusing on your husband as Gakushu teasingly states. "Dad doesn't need any helping."

Gakuho only playfully glared in response, carefully pushing him away before glancing at you with a remark. "Ignore him, love."

Ensuring that all of you are prepared to go home, a surprising conversation being started by your husband accompanied the journey by foot. "So, how is your relationship with your lover? Getting better?"

Recovering from his own surprise that was mostly caused by the topic, Gakushu confidently answers. "Yes, it is. A wedding is on its way."

Both you and your husband glanced at him with a prideful look as Gakuho responds with a gentle pat on his son's back. "Is that so? Congratulations, Gakushu. I'm very proud of such great news."

Arriving back in your abode was soon made caused by having a short distance of it from the court. Announcing your arrival, most staff immediately made their respectful greeting.

Wanting to spend the remaining time being complete with another fun activity fit for the situation, you proceeded to ask the two about it. "Would you two like to help me baking? For some treats after all the bonding activities you've done. You two must be hungry after all of it."

You kindly requested for a staff to prepare the needed ingredient and refreshment for the three of you after receiving a positive response from the two. With the request of gathering the ingredients soon completed, baking is soon commenced. Even with the simple task you had assigned them to do, the usual banter like before soon resumed, being accompanied with subtle mess when their teasing had caused actions to be along with it. At first, it was amusing as their tasks were still successfully done along with yours, but it soon grew into something annoying.

Having to wait for the treats to be baked, you glanced at the strewn powdery ingredients, and even some egg shells. Having enough of the mess and not wanting to let it be cleaned up by the staff to lessen their work, you gently scolded them before ordering for them to work together in cleaning. Right after the fun activity ended that resulted in a fresh batch of baked goods, Gakushu proceeded to inform you of his decided departure after noticing that it was already getting late.

"Are you sure it's time for you to leave already?" You asked in return, wishing for him to stay longer and already missing the fun all of you had earlier, though you fully understand his statement, feeling relatable to it as well.

From glancing outside with a faraway look, Gakushu soon gain his focus before glancing back at you as he answers with a reassuring smile. "I'm sure. Someone is waiting for me. I've been gone for awhile now."

"Oh, right. Well, then, let me pack up some treats for you two to share. I'll be back in a minute." You informed before making the said packing up of the baked goods that you wished for the two of them to enjoy.

From having his gaze focused on your retreating figure, Gakuho soon glanced at Gakushu before having his hand held out for a handshake while informing. "Let's have a talk sometime about how you did it. It would be an interesting conversation."

Gakushu accepts his invitation, directing his agreement before you soon finished. Giving a proper goodbye, both you and Gakuho accompany your son to his departure. 

Watching the car's retreat, you couldn't help, but mumble something directed to your husband who had an arm wrapped around you in a side hug. "Your son had grown to be like who you are. You are both wonderful."

Hiding his smirk, Gakuho gently rubs your shoulder before giving you words of reassurance and inquiring as well. "You're more amazing, love. Are you looking forward for their wedding?"

You nodded excitedly, subtly tightening your embrace with him while having the thought of your son's own happy ending. Along with that, Gakuho also felt proud of himself with how Gakushu had turned out to be his pride and joy.